Dr. K.V. Krishna Associate Professor, Department of Mathematics at IIT-Guwahati has confirmed that JEE Advanced 2016 will be conducted by IIT-Guwahati for the academic year 2016.
Some salient features about JEE (Advanced) 2016 :-
1. The exam will be held in two languages, Hindi & English.
2. The papers will be objective, and test the students' comprehension, reasoning & analytical ability.Negative marking will be three for wrong answers.
3. Students who have taken admission in NITs, IIITs, or other GFTIs through JEE (Main) 2015 are eligible to apply to the IITs/ISM through JEE (Advanced) 2016,as are students who have been admitted in a preparatory course at theIITs through JEE (Advanced) 2015.
4. Each paper will have 3 sections, on Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics.
5. Only students who appeared for their 12th class exams in 2015 or will be appearing in 2016 are eligible for the JEE (Advanced) 2016. If the results of students who appeared for their 12th exams in 2014 were declared after June 2014 these students shall also be eligible.
6. Candidates registering through the De fence Category will be applicable for the quota only if they are children of defense or paramilitary personnel killed or permanently disabled in war or peacetime operations.