No matter how busy your schedule is, it is essential to squeeze in some time for exercise. Indulge in any physical activity of your choice such as jogging, cycling, swimming, dancing or aerobics for at least 30 minutes a day and see how it helps you de-stress.
- Eat HealthyPoor eating habit is one of the main causes of stress. Most of us hog on junk food and aerated drinks that are known to aggravate the stress levels. Researchers claim that maintaining a healthy diet full of various essential micronutrients can bring down the stress level. You should include green leafy vegetables, fresh fruits, curd, green tea, nuts and other healthy food items in your diet and limit your intake of caffeine, high fat dairy products and sugar.
- Take Adequate SleepA minimum of 6-8 hours of sleep a day is a must for every individual. Your body and mind need to rest and relax in order to work efficiently. Lack of sleep leaves you feeling lethargic throughout the day and adds to your stress.
- RejuvenateAll work and no play is among the major causes of stress. It is important for you to maintain a healthy work-life balance. Students, even those who are to sit for their board exams or are preparing for tough entrance examinations such as JEE Main or Advanced, must set aside some time for rejuvenation in order to de-stress.
- Listen to MusicMusic is a powerful way to stay stress-free. Play it on for some time and see how it helps you de-stress miraculously.
- MeditateYet another way to lead a stress-free life is to meditate. Make it a practice to meditate for at least 15 minutes a day. If you find it hard to meditate then at least sit with yourself for self-introspection. Spending some quite time with self can help relieve stress.
- SocializeLoneliness can cause stress and even lead to depression. It is thus suggested to socialize. If you cannot take out time to meet your friends often then at least reach out to your phone to connect with them. A hearty talk with your loved one can pull down your stress levels drastically.