Let us begin by doing a quick fact check:
- JEE Advanced 2016 will be conducted on the 22nd of May, which is the coming Sunday.
- Paper 1 will be held from 9 am to 12 noon and Paper 2 will be conducted from 2 pm to 5 pm on the mentioned date.
- The name and address of your assigned examination center is mentioned on your JEE Advanced 2016 Admit Card.
- JEE Advanced result shall be announced on the 12th of June.
- Electronic Devises including mobile phones, calculators and smart programmable watches are not allowed inside the examination center. Metallic objects are also prohibited.
- The students are expected to be dressed in shirts/ T-shirts or kurtas and open-toed sandals. They can wear simple analog watch. Full sleeves clothes, big buttons, brooch, flower, shoes and high heels are not allowed. Also ornaments such as rings, bracelets and taweez are not allowed inside.
- Small erasers, pencils and transparent black ball point pen are the only stationary items allowed inside.
- You should report at your examination center before 7:30 am for Paper 1 and before 1 pm for Paper 2. Bio metric data collection will begin at 7:30 am for Paper 1 and at 1 pm for Paper 2.
- The candidates will not be allowed to enter the examination hall once the exam begins.
Now, here are some important instructions to help you manage stress and give your best shot:
- With less than 2 days left for the exam, most of you might be just clueless on what to study and what to leave at this last moment. Do not panic. Just sit back and relax. You have already studied all that you had to. It is now time to run through the entire course quickly.
- It is best to schedule every hour of the time left in a way that you are able to give a quick glance at the entire course. Follow your schedule diligently. This last round of revision is essential to retain all that you have studied until now.
- This is not the time to juggle between books. You must strictly stick to your hand-written notes.
- Avoid having oily, fried or sugary items at this time. Stick to a healthy, well-balanced diet to stay energized throughout the day.
- Make sure you pack your bag with all the essential items well in time to avoid last minute hassles.
- Check your examination center yet again and make arrangements to reach there on time.
- Don’t stay awake until late on the night before the exam. Sleep on time and take a good 8 hours sleep to wake up fresh the next morning.
- Wake up early to give a quick glance at the important topics and close your books thereafter.
- Do not take your books or notes along as you head towards the examination center. It is time to relax. Close your eyes and take a few deep breaths.
- Steer clear from any negative talks or discussion going on outside the examination center.
- Keep calm and don a positive attitude.
- Read the instructions carefully as you receive the question paper and begin with it right away.
- Take one question at a time and keep marking the answers quickly yet cautiously.
- If a particular question seems to be taking more than the required time then it is alright to leave it and move ahead. You can come back to it once you are done with the rest of the paper.
Always remember, you can if you think you can. Good Luck!