What is procrastination? – Procrastination can hit anyone anytime! For those who aren’t well versed with what procrastination means, let us try to get it straight. Procrastination is the action of delaying or postponing something often because it is boring or you’re being too lazy. Now students might procrastinate while preparing for entrance exams but doing so will only take them away from their target. So, students need to follow these simple yet effective tips to beat procrastination.
How to beat procrastination
here avail the effective tips to overcome procrastination. Student needs to follow these Sample tips.
- Make a commitment: Students generally overburden themselves with too many things at once which results in procrastination. Rather pick just one thing and stick to it until you complete it. Follow the same rule while completing a topic. Set a schedule and follow it religiously. You need to make a commitment to yourself and accomplish the task within the stipulated time. Establish specific deadlines for the completion of tasks. Delaying or postponing things will only make things worse!
- Focus is the key: Do not focus on short-term gains. Keep reminding yourself of the long-term results. Repeat your aim daily as to why you had wanted to prepare for JEE or NEET. Visualising the end result will help you focus on your target. Analyse the factors that lead to procrastination and work on those particular sections for improvement. If you aren’t able to focus properly, then we recommend you to start meditating. Meditation has/can work wonders & will surely help you focus on studies in a more efficient manner. Get rid of distractions and by this we mean get rid of social media and those addictive gaming apps which will lose your focus.
- Reward yourself: Before beginning any task all you need to do is, set a reward that you’ll give yourself. According to a research the human brain responds to reward stimulus! Find yourself an accountability partner, someone to whom you can report post the completion of a task. If you are fond of reading you may get yourself a book that you’d longed to read or if you love food then you should probably find yourself at a fancy restaurant once you have achieved your set target.
- Make the task interesting: Boredom can often lead to procrastination. So, try relating the concepts to practical situations. This way not only the syllabus will seem easy, but the topics will also become even more interesting to grasp. The age-old rote learning has become obsolete. Trending now in today’s digital era is online lectures, animations, explaining concepts by relating them with practicality. So, opt for these new methods of learning.
- Divide your task: If any chapter from PCB or PCM seems to be too long then divide it into topics. Chunking big tasks into small sections will ease your task. Start taking actions on these little chunks. Use the golden 5-minute rule, i.e. whenever you face any complex task then just ask yourself about what can be done in a mere 5 minutes to bring your closer to your target. And you’re done. For a better understanding begin with topics that are important and difficult. Later, keep revising those portions until you become a pro in the subject.
Hope the above tips help you beat procrastination. Do let us know your views in the comment section below.
Download Etoosindia, the best app for medical preparation
Keep following Etoos blog for latest exam updates.