The All India Institutes of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) MBBS exam is a national level exam held to provide admission to MBBS courses offered by seven AIIMS institutions in the country. The registration for this five and a half year long course that includes one year of mandatory internship has begun. If you are planning to sit for the same then here are the important dates and all the other information that you need to know about the exam.
Let us begin by understanding the eligibility criteria for the exam:
For Indian Nationals
- Candidate must be 17 years of age or should attain the age of 17 years as on 31st December of the year of admission.
- Must have cleared standard 12th under 10+2 scheme/ senior school certificate examination (CBSE) or intermediate science (I.S.C.) or an equivalent exam from a recognized board/ university of any Indian state with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English being mandatory subjects.
- Candidates who are appearing for the qualifying exam are also eligible to apply for the exam. However, their candidature would be considered only if they give the documents of having cleared the qualifying exam with the mentioned subjects and the required score.
- The minimum percentage required for qualifying to appear for the AIIMS MBBS exam is 60% (aggregate of marks in Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English) for the General and OBC category and 50% for SC/ ST/OPH candidates.
For Overseas Citizens of India
Overseas citizens registered under Section 7A of the Citizenship Act 1955 are eligible to sit for the test. The candidates are required to submit the proof of Registration as OCI under Section 7A of Citizenship Act 1955.
For Foreign Nationals
Foreign candidates nominated by the Indian government must have minimum of 50% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English in Intermediate science or equivalent exam.
Those foreign candidates who are nominated by the government need not sit for the entrance examination.
Let us now have a look at the important dates of the exam:
- AIIMS Application forms were out on 24th January 2017 and the last date for submission of the same is 23rd Feb 2017. The window would close at 5 pm on the mentioned date.
- The exam shall be held in two sessions – morning and afternoon. The morning session will be held between 9 am to 12 noon and the afternoon session will be held between 3 pm to 6:30 pm.
- Status of the registration including the rejection or deficiencies in the submitted application would be available on 7th March 2017.
- Last date for correcting the errors in the application is 22nd March 2017.
- AIIMS admit cards would be available from 1st May 2017.
- Computer Based Test (CBT) [Online] Entrance Examination for AIIMS MBBS would be held on 28th May 2017 and the result is expected to be announced on 14th June 2017.
- The exam would be conducted in two sessions – morning and afternoon.
- Morning session would be from 9 am to 12 noon and afternoon session would be from 3 pm to 6:30 pm.
- The proposed counselling schedule at AIIMS, New Delhi is as follows:
- First counselling would be held on 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th July 2017.
- Medical examination of selected candidates for AIMS, Delhi would be held on 7th and 8th July 2017.
- Second Counselling would be held on 3rd August 2017
- Third Counselling would be held on 4th September 2017
- Open Counselling, if required, would be held on 27th September 2017
Visit AIIMS MBBS official site http://mbbs.aiimsexams.org/for registration and more details on the exam.