Amrita Engineering Entrance Exam (AEEE) is an engineering entrance exam administered by Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham. It is an institution level entrance exam conducted annually. It is held to select students for B. Tech programmes at Amrita Schools of Engineering – Amritapuri, Coimbatore and Bengaluru. The applicants can register for this exam by submitting their application forms online or offline. The exam is conducted in both online and offline mode.
AEEE 2018 Eligibility Criteria
In order to appear for AEEE 2018 and seek admission in the esteemed Amrita Schools of Engineering the candidates need to fulfil the following eligibility criterion:
- The candidate’s date of birth must fall on or after July 1st 1997
- The candidate needs to clear Class XII or equivalent examination with an aggregate of 60% marks in Maths, Physics and Chemistry. The marks must not be less than 55% in any of these subjects
- Students appearing for Class XII in 2018 are also eligible for the exam however they must fulfill the eligibility criteria.
- The minimum eligibility for the management quota students is an aggregate of 80% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- Candidates are suggested to understand the eligibility criteria before filling up the application form for AEEE 2018. The applications of those who do not qualify the eligibility criteria shall be rejected automatically.
AEEE 2018 Important Dates
Online Registration Start Date: 1st Dec 2017
OMR Application Issuance: 1st Dec 2017
Online Registration Last Date: 31st March 2018
OMR Application Last Date of Submission: 31st March 2018
AEEE Computer Based Test (CBT): 19th April to 22nd April 2018
AEEE Pen and Paper Test: 28th April 2018
AEEE 2018 Result Announcement: 5th May 2018
Counselling Letter Release: May 2018 second week onwards
AEEE 2018 commencement of counselling: June 2018
- AEEE computer based test shall be held in 3 time slots each day from 19th to 22nd April in various cities across the country.
- P&P Test shall be held from 10 AM to 12:30 PM in all the main cities in Tamil Nadu, Kerala and Karnataka.
- Counselling for SC/ ST quota is likely to be held in the first week of June 2018
- Counselling for state quota (candidates from Karnataka, Tamil Nadu and Kerala) is likely to be held in the first week of June 2018
- Counselling for General quota is likely to be held in the second week of June 2018
Amrita Engineering Entrance Exam is conducted to shortlist students for B. Tech programs in Amrita Schools of Engineering – Amritapuri, Coimbatore and Bengaluru. Here is a brief about these institutes:
Amrita School of Engineering – Coimbatore
Amrita School of Engineering, Coimbatore was established in the year 1994. It is the oldest among the three.
Amrita School of Engineering – Bengaluru
After the overwhelming response received by Amrita School of Engineering, Coimbatore, the management decided to set up Amrita School of Engineering in Bengaluru. The engineering school was set up in the year 2002.
Amrita School of Engineering – Amritapuri
Amritapuri campus is located in Kerala’s Vallikavu village. It encompasses various schools and research institutes. Amrita School of Engineering, Amritapuri was also established in the year 2002.
Amrita Schools of Engineering are approved by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE). They have been accredited with the highest rating of A by the National Accreditation and Assessment Council of India. All the three institutes offer B. Tech, M. Tech. and Ph. D. programs in various streams.