Aligarh Muslim University Engineering Entrance Examination (AMUEEE 2018) is conducted each year to select candidates for B. Tech programs offered at the esteemed Aligarh Muslim University. The candidates are tested on their knowledge in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. The question paper is objective type. It includes 150 multiple choice questions.
AMUEEE 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must fulfil the below mentioned eligibility criteria in order to appear for AMUEEE:
- Candidate must have passed Class XII
- Candidate must score a minimum of 50% aggregate in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English.
- Candidate must have passed diploma in Engineering from AMU and should have an aggregate score of 50% in the same.
- The candidates appearing for B. Tech program can also apply for B. Arch program on the same application form. They will have to appear for paper II for the same.
The candidates will be required to submit various documents along with the application form as a proof of the details field by them. AMU will verify the eligibility of the candidates at the time of providing admission. Anyone who doesn’t meet the eligibility criteria shall be disqualified.
AMUEEE 2018 Important Dates
Here is a look at the AMUEEE 2018 Exam date and other important dates related to the event:
- AMUEEE 2018 Application form submission commencement: Jan 2018
- Form Submission Last Date: Feb 2018
- Admit Card Availability: April 2018
- Examination Date: 29th April 2018
- Answer Key Release by AMU: By 1st May 2018 (Tentatively)
- Result Announcement: May or June 2018
The exam will begin at 10 am on the mentioned date. Paper II shall begin at 3 pm on the same date. The duration of both the exams is 3 hours.
A public central university, Aligarh Muslim University (AMU) was established as Mohammedan Anglo Oriental College by Sir Syed Ahmad Khan in the year 1875. It came to be known by the name, Aligarh Muslim University in 1920. It has been recognized as an Institute of National Importance.
The university’s main campus is based in Aligarh. It has three off-campus centres at Kishanganj (Bihar), Murshidabad West Bengal and Malappuram (Kerala). The campus at Aligarh is spread across an area of 467.6 hectare.
Aligarh Muslim University is a fully residential university with 15 centres, 10 schools, 7 constituent colleges and 3 institutes. The university has also opened faculty of International Studies recently.
The university offers more than three hundred courses. Numerous students seek admission in the university each year and the most deserving ones are taken aboard.