Architecture Aptitude Test (AAT) is jointly held by 7 Zonal Coordinating Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs). It is conducted to select students for B. Arch Programme. The competition is tough and only the cream of the lot is selected for this 5 year degree program. If you aim to appear for Architecture Aptitude Test 2018 then the information shared here should come handy.
Architecture Aptitude Test Eligibility Criteria
Here is the eligibility criterion for Architecture Aptitude Test:
- In order to be eligible for Architecture Aptitude Test 2018, the candidates need to qualify in JEE Advanced 2018.
- The candidates must have Physics and Chemistry as mandatory subjects in Class XII. In addition to it, he/ she must have studied Biotechnology/ Biology/ Chemistry/ H.S.C. Vocational Examination/ Technical Vocational Subject in Class XII.
- The candidates must score a minimum aggregate of 75% in Class XII to be eligible for the exam or must be among top 20 percentile in Class XII examination held by respective boards.
- The cut off score for clearing Architecture Aptitude Test 2018 shall be set by the Joint Implementation Committee of JEE (Advanced) 2018. The admission to the B- Arch programme shall be given based on the candidate’s performance in Architecture Aptitude Test.
- The maximum age of the candidates appearing for the exam is 24 years.
- A relaxation of 5 years is given to the candidates belonging to the SC/ ST/ PwD categories.
Architecture Aptitude Test Important Dates
The exact date of the release of Architecture Aptitude Test application form, exam and declaration of result has not yet been announced. However, here are the tentative dates related to the examination:
- Registration for Architecture Aptitude Test 2018: 2nd week of June 2018
- Architecture Aptitude Test Examination: 2nd week of June 2018
- Result Declaration: 3rd week of June 2018
- Commencement of Registration for counselling: 4th week of June 2018
IIT Kharagpur and IIT Roorkee are the only two IITs that offer the architecture program.
IIT Kharagpur established in the year 1951 by the government of India is a public engineering institution. It was among the first IITs set up and recognized as Institute of National Importance by the Indian Government.
IIT Roorkee was formerly University of Roorkee and Thomason College of Civil Engineering. Set up in the year 1847, it was turned into Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) in 2001.