Joint Entrance Exam (JEE), held in two phases – JEE Main and JEE Advanced, is among the toughest competitive examinations held in the country. The engineering exam tests the students’ knowledge in three subjects namely, physics, chemistry and maths.
As important as it is to seek professional guidance from a good coaching institute, it is equally important to refer to the right guide books to prepare thoroughly for this exam. Here is a comprehensive list of the Best book for IIT JEE that include all the information required to prepare for different topics that form a part of the IIT JEE Main and Advanced 2018 syllabus:
The Best Book for IIT JEE
- Aptitude Test Problems in Physics by Krotov
- Advance Physics by Nelkon and Parker
- Concepts of Physics Vol I and II by HC Verma
- Fundamentals of Physics by Halliday, Resnick and Walker
- Feynman Lectures on Physics by R. P. Feynman
- Objective Questions on Physics by D.C. Pandey
- Problems of General Physics by I.E. Irodov
- Problems in Physics by A.A. Pinsky
- A Collection of Questions and Problems in Physics by L.A. Sena
Concepts of Physics Vol I and II by HC Verma is said to be the best among these to prepare for Physics.
- Organic Chemistry, Inorganic Chemistry and Physical Chemistry by O.P. Tondon
- General Chemistry by Ebbing
- Organic Chemistry by Arihant Prakashan
- Organic Chemistry by Bahal & Bahal
- Organic Chemistry by Paula Bruice Yurkanis
- Organic Chemistry Volume 1 by I.L. Finar
- Organic Chemistry by Peter Sykes
- Organic Chemistry by J.D. March
- Concept of Organic Chemistry by M.S. Chauhan
- Modern Approach to Chemistry Calculations by RC Mukherjee
- Physical Chemistry by P.W. Atkins
- University Chemistry by Bruce H. Mahan
- Numerical Chemistry by P. Bahadur (G.R. Bathla & Sons)
- Concise Inorganic Chemistry by J.D. LEE
Among these books, R. C. Mukherjee is considered a good choice for problems and numerical.
- Algebra, Differential Calculus and Integral Calculus by Arihant
- Complete Mathematics for JEE Main 2015 by Tata McGraw Hill
- Co-ordinate Geometry and Trigonometry by S. L. Loney
- Higher Algebra by Hall Knight
- Maths XI & XII by R.D. Sharma
- IIT Mathematics by M.L. Khanna
- Problems in Calculus of One Variable by I. A. Maron
- New Pattern Mathematics for JEE Main/Advanced
R.S. Agarwal is considered best for JEE Main and Advanced preparation.
All the mentioned Best Book for IIT JEE have been written by learned authors after years of research. These authors have an in-depth knowledge about their respective subjects and have put across the points in a manner that is easy to comprehend. However, before referring to these books it is suggested to be thorough with the NCERT books. You must learn each and every topic from the following:
- NCERT Chemistry Books Class XI and XII
- NCERT Maths Books Class XI and XII
- NCERT Physics Books Class XI and XII
Most of the questions included in the JEE Main and Advanced papers are from the NCERT books however they are twisted and tweaked in a tricky manner to ensure that only the most deserving candidates get selected. This is the reason why once you are done with the NCERT books, you should refer to the other Best Books for IIT JEE mentioned above. Read and re-read the concepts explained by different authors and solve the questions from as many of these books as you can.
Numerous students appear for JEE each year but only a few are able to get through it to pave way to the top engineering colleges in the country. The key to be among the selected few is to refer to the right IIT JEE Books, seek expert guidance and work hard!