Birla Institute of Technology and Science Admission Test (BITSAT 2018) is a university level examination conducted to select students for the degree programs offered by the Birla Institute of Technology and Science (BITS) and its campuses. The institute offers various specialized courses in the field of science, engineering and pharmacy. The examination is organized by BITS, Pilani.
BITSAT 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Here is a look at the eligibility criteria that needs to be fulfilled to appear for BITSAT 2018:
- Candidate must have cleared Class XII or equivalent examination from a recognized board.
- Candidate must have Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as mandatory subjects in Class XII.
- For B. Pharma course, the candidate must have cleared Class XII or equivalent examination from a recognized board with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as mandatory subjects.
- Those appearing for Class 12th exams in 2018 are also eligible to apply for BITSAT 2018.
- Candidate must score an aggregate of 75% in PCB/ PCM in Class 12th.
- Candidate must score aggregate of 60% individually in Physics, Chemistry and Maths/ Biology.
BITSAT 2018 Important Dates
Mentioned below are the BITSAT 2018 date of examination and other important dates related to the exam:
- Release of Application Form: 19th December 2017
- Last Date to Apply: 13th March 2018
- Application Form Editing: 15th – 19th March 2018
- Allotment of Examination Centre: 21st March
- Slot Booking: 23rd March – 5th April 2018
- Release of Hall Ticket: 12th April – 10th May 2018
- Examination Date: 16th May – 31st May 2018
- Apply for admission with 12th marks and preferences: 1st May – 18th June 2018
- Release of Admit List and Wait List: 20th June 2018
Candidates can apply for the exam via online mode. Application fee for the exam can be paid via online as well as offline mode.
Established in the year 1964, Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Pilani has been recognized as a deemed university under section 3 of the UGC Act 1956. Besides it main campus at Pilani, it has institutes in Hyderabad, Goa and Dubai. It mainly focuses on its undergraduate programs in engineering and science and its management program.
Prior to 2005, the admission to various courses in the institute was given based on the student’s score in the qualifying exam. However, since 2005, BITSAT is conducted and students are selected based on their performance in the same.
The admission to BITS Dubai campus is however based completely on the marks scored in Class X qualifying exam.