Birla Institute of Technology & Science Admission Test (BITSAT 2019) is held to shortlist candidates for B.E., B. Pharma, M. Sc and various other courses offered by Pilani campus, Hyderabad campus of BITS and K.K. Birla Goa campus. Here is a look at the BITSAT 2019 examination date, eligibility criteria, syllabus and application formalities:
BITSAT 2019 Examination Date
Here are the tentative dates for BITSAT 2019:
- Release of BITSAT 2019 Application Form: December 2018 3rd week
- Application Form Submission Last Date: March 2019 2nd week
- Editing Window for BITSAT 2019: March 2019 2nd and 3rd week
- Exam Centre Allotment: March 2019 4th week
- Slot Booking by Candidates: March 2019 4th week to April 2019 1st week
- Hall Ticket Release: April 2019 2nd week to May 2019 2nd week
- Examination Date: May 2019 3rd week to May 2019 last week
- Apply for admission on the basis of Class 12th marks: May 2019 1st week to June 2019 3rd week
- Release of Admit list and Waiting list: June 2019 3rd week
BITSAT 2019 Application Form
Here are the details for BITSAT 2019 application form and application fee:
- BITSAT 2019 application form shall be available in online mode.
- The scanned copies of the candidate’s passport size photograph and signature needs to be uploaded with the filled in application form. This shall be uploaded in JPG/ JPEG format.
- Candidates require filling three preferences for examination centres.
- The male candidates require submitting an application fee of Rs. 2,950 and the female candidates require submitting an application fee of Rs. 2,450/- along with the application form.
- For the Dubai examination centre, the candidates require paying Rs. 4,500 as the application fee.
- Application fee can be paid via Debit card, Credit card and Net banking. It can also be paid by cash via generated Pay-in Slip.
BITSAT 2019 Eligibility Criteria
Here is the eligibility criteria for different courses offered via BITSAT:
- Candidates must have cleared Class 12th exam from a recognized board in the year 2018.
- Those appearing in Class 12th exams in 2019 can also apply.
- Candidates must have Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as subjects in Class 12th with proficiency in English language. Physics, Chemistry and Biology as subjects are preferred for B. Pharma course though even PCM candidates are eligible for it.
- Candidates must obtain 75% marks in PCM/ PCB. The minimum score in each subject must be 60%.
BITSAT 2019 Syllabus
BITSAT 2019 shall test your knowledge in Physics, Chemistry, Maths/Biology, English Language and Logical Reasoning. BITSAT 2019 syllabus shall be based on the class XI and XII NCERT syllabus. Here are the main topics included in BITSAT 2019 syllabus:
- Heat and Thermodynamics
- Newton’s Laws of Motion
- Mechanics of Solids and Fluids
- Impulse and Momentum
- Rotational Motion
- Units & Measurement
- Work and Energy
- Atomic Structure
- Chemical Kinetics
- Chemical Bonding & Molecular Structure
- Hydrogen and s-block elements
- Physical and Chemical Equilibria
- Surface Chemistry
- States of Matter
- Differential calculus
- Integral calculus, Probability
- Linear Programming
- Mathematical Modeling
- Ordinary Differential Equations
- Two-dimensional Coordinate Geometry
- Three-Dimensional Coordinate Geometry
- Biotechnology and its Applications
- Biology and Human Welfare
- Cell: The Unit of Life
- Diversity in Living World
- Ecology and Environment
- Genetics and Evolution
- Reproduction, Growth and Movement in Plants
- Reproduction and Development in Humans
- Structure and Function
- Structure and Function –Animals & Plants
English Proficiency and Logical Reasoning
- Classifying Words
- Detecting Missing Links
- Following Directions
- Nonverbal Reasoning
- Reading Comprehension
- Verbal Reasoning
Keep a tab on this space for more updates on BITSAT!