Many people get devastated when faced with failure. This is more common among students who are still in their adolescence. It is an age when a person is enthusiastic, full of vigour and ready to take on challenges. It is also an age when a person is high on the emotional front and can get demotivated pretty soon. It is a testing time of your life. You are assessed, evaluated and advised at every step. There is a lot of pressure and there are times when you may face failure.
There are many people who get disheartened when faced with failure. As a consequence, they give up on their dreams. This is one of the main reasons why only a few people in this world attain success while most just sit and curse their fate. It needs to be understood that failure is just a part of your journey. You must learn from your failure and move ahead in life rather than giving up on your dreams. This is how successful people act.
You must not see failure as the end of the world you must rather look at it as a new beginning. People often throw negative comments and criticize you when you meet with failure. This is why many are unable to let go of the negative emotions and feelings failure brings with it. But the key is to stop bothering about what others say and turn inwards. Yes! This is the time to turn inward and recognize the real you. All the answers that you are looking for are inside you.
Take some time off and do some self introspection. This practice will acquaint you with your strengths and weaknesses and boost confidence. It is a good way to recognize your self-worth and start afresh.
Here are a few quotes from some highly successful people who failed initially but did not give up on their dreams:
- “I’ve missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I’ve been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed” – Michael Jordan
- “I hated every minute of training but I said, ‘Don’t quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion” – Muhammad Ali
- “Think like a queen. A queen is not afraid to fail. Failure is another stepping stone to greatness” – Oprah Winfrey who was told that she “wasn’t fit for television”. She was dismissed from her job as a news anchor.
- “Failure is another stepping stone to greatness” – Oprah Winfrey
- “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work”. – Thomas A. Edison
- “Success is going from failure to failure without losing your enthusiasm”. – Winston Churchill
- “The difference between winning and losing is most often not quitting”. – Walt Disney
Remember, your life has just begun. You will be faced with numerous such problems as you grow. You might fail at certain points in life but you must never get disheartened. You should feel proud of the fact that you at least tried. Failure is not the end of the world. There is always another opportunity awaiting you. You just have to be strong enough to raise yourself from the failure and try again.