JEE Main 2018 is just around the corner and we assume your preparation is in full swing. By this time, the syllabus is completely covered in all good JEE coaching institute and the concentration is mainly on revision and knowledge testing. Besides being thoroughly prepared for the exam, there are few things you require keeping in mind to stay calm and confident on the day of the exam to perform well.
Here are guidelines for JEE Main 2018 examination day:
- It is a good idea to wake up early on the day of the exam and do a quick revision of the lessons. Spend around an hour revising your lessons as studying more than that would mean over exerting and will do more harm than good.
- Next, have a healthy breakfast and relax for around 10-15 minutes.
- Before leaving for the examination centre, please ensure you have all the essential things such as admit card, etc. Admit card needs to be shown to the supervising officer on demand. If admit card is not shown, the candidate is not allowed to appear for the exam.
- It is suggested to reach the examination centre at least an hour before the exam or better still an hour and a half before as you require completing registration formalities before entering the examination hall.
- Complete the registration formalities and relax as you wait to enter the examination hall. Do not discuss your chapters or panic at this time.
- Those of you who require a scribe and have requested for it at the time of submitting the application must take along a PwD certificate copy attested by gazetted officer.
- Do not take mobile phones, calculators, books, papers, electronic watches, log tables or any other such thing to the examination hall.
- As you receive the question paper make sure it has all the pages mentioned and that too in the correct format.
- Make sure you verify the serial number and other details in the test booklet with that in the ORM sheet. In case, it does not match you must immediately bring it to the invigilator’s notice.
- Write your roll number and other details carefully in the OMR sheet. Do not overwrite or strike off anything.
- Make sure you mark the answers properly in the OMR sheet.
- Concentrate on your paper so as to complete it on time. Do not get carried away by the noises around.
- Do not stay stuck with any question. If you are not sure about an answer and it is taking too long, it is suggested to just leave it. You can come back to it at the end.
- Lastly, stay positive and give it your best shot!