Cracking JEE or NEET is a dream of many but not everyone gets through it easily. Lakhs of students compete with each other every year to be able to secure a seat in top IITs or NITs. Undeniably, the enormity of the competition has risen over the years. Students are under immense pressure throughout their preparation and exams. The schedule is quite exhaustive and demands pure dedication.
During the NEET Entrances Exam or JEE Main and Advanced preparation, some parents are often seen hammering their child to perform well on the academic front. They become ignorant to the fact that keeping too much expectation from a child can develop anxiety in them which might slowly tend towards depression if neglected. This can hugely affect their overall performance. Remember parents play a very crucial role in helping their children with the preparation. And that’s why we have compiled some points on how parents can help their child succeed in NEET/JEE Preparation. Without a delay, let’s get started:
- Keep an eye on your child’s performance: Parents at each stage should be aware of their child’s performance. A regular track on their assignments, exams, results should be kept. This by any means doesn’t imply that you run after your child every second. Doing so will only irritate them. Rather at certain intervals keep a check on how their preparation is progressing and what can be further done to improve their performance. You need to uplift your child and maintain a positive relationship with them.
- Inculcate a healthy lifestyle: A healthy nutritious food will surely keep the brain & body healthy. Regular exercise and sound sleep will beat procrastination. Studies are important but maintaining a healthy lifestyle is even more important. Parents should help their kids balance their daily activities. A proper schedule should be set and they should see to it that your child follows it religiously. Keep your child away from junk food, caffeine or another unhealthy diet.
- Encourage every moment: Not every time your child will perform well. There might be instances when your child might be feeling low and bored. He might be feeling de-motivated or stressed out after seeing the cut-throat competition in today’s era. In those particular moments, all you need to do is talk to them and listen to them patiently. Encouraging and motivating them to perform better next time will give them a new ray of hope.
- Make them solve mock tests: Mock tests if solved under similar exam conditions can work wonders for the JEE/NEET students. The papers are set according to the exam pattern and give you the actual exam feels. Solving mock tests will reduce examination fears. This way a child becomes comfortable with the actual paper. Take the Online online Mock test here.
- Make sure to select the best coaching for their NEET/JEE preparation: The conventional coaching norms are becoming obsolete. In today’s digital era, people are shifting towards online coaching. Before getting your child enrolled in any coaching institute (offline or online), inquire about it properly. Know their faculties, class schedule, performance rate, the facilities they provide etc. This probably is the first step towards the journey of clearing JEE/NEET. Make the right decision! After all, it’s about your child’s career.
Hope the above tips help you become their strength and support-system! For more updates, stay tuned right here.
Hope the above information helps you in cracking JEE/NEET 2019. All the best!
Keep following Etoos blog for latest exam updates.