The popular medical entrance exam National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test (NEET 2020) will be conducted twice a year from 2020. This news has created a lot of buzz among students recently. While some students are excited about the news, some are feeling a little bit of pressure. Clearly, scoring well in NEET is no cakewalk. Students need to put in their heart and soul in order to ace this paper. If you are thinking that preparation for this esteemed exam without coaching is impossible then you are mistaken. We have presented below a few tips and tricks on How to Prepare for NEET 2020 without Coaching at Home.
How to Prepare for NEET 2020 at Home without Coaching (Self Study)?
Prepare for NEET 2020 at Home
1. Know everything about NEET: Spend some time knowing about the exam format, syllabus, pattern, and important dates relating to NEET. Students are advised to first cover the NCERT syllabus and not buy too many reference books. Selecting the right quality study material holds extreme importance in the preparation. Also, aspirants should be well-versed with the rules of exam and exam pattern. Read NEET 2020: Application Form, Exam Date, Syllabus, Eligibility
2. Never say no to practice: There is no substitute for daily practice. Solve previous years’ questions papers and regularly appear for online mock tests once you are done with the completion of syllabus. They help you know the type of questions that can be framed from a particular topic. Assess your progress every once in a while and know the areas of improvement. This is an important aspect for every student who wishes to crack NEET. You may download NEET previous year sample papers from India’s No. 1 online coaching Etoosindia.
3. Devote equal time to all the subjects: NEET exam paper tests the knowledge of subjects Physics, Chemistry and Biology. Students need to make sure they are devoting equal time to all these subjects in order to get the concepts on point. Try not to miss any topic especially those that hold greater weightage. Set a timetable and manage your schedule according to the school. If you find any topic difficult to understand then put in extra efforts and pay more attention to that subject.
4. Relax a bit: Do not be too hard on yourself. Your brain and body need to relax. And to de-stress your mind and body, pick some activity or sport. Calm your mind by indulging in your favourite hobby. A healthy diet and sound sleep are also important for your body. Try taking small intervals in between.
5. Seek advice from experts: Expert advice is always priceless and unmatched! Talk to your seniors or mentors who have attempted or cleared NEET. Ask them to suggest a few tips that would help you with your preparation. NEET entrance test is all about getting your basics correct. If you lay a strong foundation of the subjects, then you are 90% exam ready! You may also read Tips to crack NEET 2020 here.
6. You are your own supervisor: If you aren’t taking any external coaching, then remember you are your own supervisor and monitor. Be sincere to yourself and keep reminding yourself of the goal. Stay positive throughout the preparation. Self-study is hard but you shouldn’t give up at any point.
Hope the above tips help you with your self-study! For more information on NEET 2020 and other entrance exams, stay tuned to this space.
Download Etoosindia, the android app for neet preparation
Keep following Etoos blog for latest exam updates.