Indian Institute of Technology (IITs) are autonomous public institutions of higher education in India. Getting into IITs is a dream of many! Talking of statistics, around 12 lakh students appeared this year for JEE Main out of which only 2.2 lakh students were eligible for JEE Advanced. If you too have the ambition to crack JEE, then this is the apt article for you. To pave the gateway into one of the 23 IITs and other prestigious government engineering colleges, we have gathered everything that you need to know about this IIT Entrance Exam. Let’s get started here:
1. List of IITs in India: There are a total of 23 IITs the list of which is given below.
|S.No||Name of IIT Institute||Short Name||Location (State)|
|1.||IIT Madras||IITM||Tamil Nadu|
|3.||IIT Kharagpur||IITKGP||West Bengal|
|4.||IIT Delhi||IITD||New Delhi|
|5.||IIT Kanpur||IITK||Uttar Pradesh|
|9.||IIT Indore||IITI||Madhya Pradesh|
|13.||IIT Dhanbad||IIT (ISM)||Jharkhand|
|14.||IIT Mandi||IITMandi||Himachal Pradesh|
|16.||IIT (BHU), Varanasi||IIT(BHU)||Uttar Pradesh|
|18.||IIT Jammu||IITJM||Jammu & Kashmir|
|22.||IIT Tirupati||IITTP||Andhra Pradesh|
2. JEE Main 2019: It is considered to be one of the toughest exams in the world. A number of students get enrolled in top coaching institutes right from 8th standard to crack this exam. They put in 5 years of dedicated efforts in order to clear this prestigious paper & secure a good All India Rank. JEE Main shall be conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA) in the month of April next year. To crack JEE you should start your preparation in a smart way with We provide recorded HD quality online video lectures prepared by subject matter experts from Kota. These lectures will help you gain confidence & clear concepts of Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics. For more details, visit our website. Also read JEE Main 2019: Application Form, Exam Date, Syllabus & Eligibility
3. JEE Advanced 2019: The nationwide examination is conducted by one of the seven zonal IITs under the guidance of Joint Admission Board (JAB). Applicants who qualify JEE Mains 2019 will only be eligible to sit for JEE Advanced 2019. The registrations usually begin from the first week of May and exam is conducted in the third week of May. Candidates who finally are through with JEE Advanced secure a seat into top IITs, NITs & IIITs. Find more about JEE Advanced 2019: Application Form, Exam Date, Syllabus & Eligibility
4. Tips to Crack IIT-JEE 2019: Beginning early with the preparation is the key to crack JEE. Once you’ve started with the preparation, keep eyes on the updated syllabus, weightage of topics, marking scheme, and the exam pattern. Use a systematic approach and make it a habit of asking questions whenever in doubt. If your concepts are clear there is nothing stopping you from clearing JEE. Hope these tips are useful for you!
5. Last minute preparation tips: Few Hours before the exam are extremely crucial. So, these little tips will help you reduce exam jitters.
- Get your concepts right: Focus on understanding the concepts rather than mugging them. IIT Entrance Exam is an analytical paper which will test your knowledge of concepts. Do not learn any new topic or concept a few hours before the exam as this will lose your focus and might confuse you. Keep your flashcards handy to glance at the formulas before the exam.
- NCERT Books: By now you must have referred to a plethora of reference books. The last day should be dedicated completely to revising NCERT books & some important formulas. NCERT books should be the go-to option for your last minute preparation.
- Mock tests: Once you are through the mock tests, you know your strengths and weaknesses. Work on the weaker sections, revise them once again & you’re ready to go. Do not engage yourself in comparing notes/mock test questions with your peer group before exams. This will create anxiety which shall be harmful to your brain.
- Be calm and composed: Sleep well night before the exam so that you wake up early with a fresh mind. There is no magic happening a night before the exam even if you study all night. So, do not stress yourself unnecessarily.
Hope the above information helps! Stay tuned right here for more JEE Exam updates. Also, keep following our social media channels to never miss an update on entrance exams.