JECRC Engineering Entrance Exam, also known as JECRC University Admission, is conducted by Jaipur Engineering College and Research Center (JECRC) University to shortlist candidates for undergraduate programs offered at the university. Admission to B. Tech regular, B. Tech lateral and B. Tech evening programmes are given based on the candidates’ performance in JECRC. Here is a look at the eligibility criteria and important dates of the exam as well as a brief about the JECRC University.
JECRC Engineering Entrance Exam Eligibility Criteria
Let us first have a look at the eligibility criteria for JECRC Engineering Entrance Exam:
- Candidates must clear class 12th or equivalent exam from a recognized state or central university.
- Candidates must have physics, chemistry and mathematics as mandatory subjects in class 12th.
- Candidates must score an aggregate of 50% in the qualifying examination.
- Candidates belonging to the Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe and Other Backward Classes category are given a relaxation of 5% marks. They require scoring a minimum of 45% marks in the qualifying examination.
- Applicants must be minimum 17 years old in order to apply for JECRC University admission. The maximum age of the applicants has been set as 20 years old.
JECRC Engineering Entrance Exam Important Dates
Let us now have a look at the important dates related to JECRC Engineering Entrance Exam:
- Application Forms Availability (Both Offline and Online mode): 1st week of May 2018
- Form Submission Last Date (offline and online mode): 1st week of June 2018
- Admit Card Availability: A week before the exam
- JECRC Engineering Entrance Exam: 3rd week of June 2018
- Result Declaration: 1st week of July 2018
- Counselling Process Commencement: Yet to be announced
The exact dates of the examination and other important events related to the exam shall soon be released.
Jaipur Engineering College and Research Center (JECRC) University is located in Jaipur, Rajasthan. It is a private university that offers various undergraduate, post graduate and doctoral degree programs.
The B. Tech degree programs offered by the university include B. Tech in automobile engineering, civil engineering, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, CSE, ECE, IT and chemical engineering. Other degree courses offered at the institute include B.Sc. (Hons), Agriculture, BBA/ B. Com, MCA, M. Tech, MBA, M Sc., LLB and Integrated Law, Design, Journalism and Mass Communication and Hotel Management and Hospitality.
JECRC Foundation was set up with the aim of promoting education in the field of science, engineering, pharmacy, management and pure and applied sciences. The university was established under Act No. 15/2012 of the Government of Rajasthan.