JEE , conducted to select students for undergraduate engineering and architecture courses in premier engineering colleges in the country, is held in two phases – JEE Main 2017and JEE Advanced. Thousands of students appear in this tough competitive examination each year to get entry into their dream college. If you too are one of those who are planning to appear for the Joint Entrance Examination in the coming year then here is all you need to know about the eligibility criteria for the same:
- Candidates born on or after the 1st of October 1992 are eligible to give JEE Main 2017.
- A relaxation of 5 years has been given to the candidates from the Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and Persons with Disabilities. For these categories, candidates born on or after the 1st of October are eligible to appear for the exam.
- A maximum of 3 attempts are given for clearing JEE Main 2017.
- Candidates who have cleared 12th standard in the year 2015-2016 or are sitting for the exam in 2017 are eligible to appear for JEE Main 2017.
- Those who have cleared 12th standard in 2014 and did not qualify the same year but qualified in 2015 are not eligible to appear for JEE Main 2017.
- Those who have cleared 12th standard in the year 2014 or are sitting for the exam in 2018 are not eligible for JEE Main 2017.
- The candidate must have studied a minimum of 5 subjects in Class 12th or equivalent qualifying examination with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects, Chemistry, Computer Science, Biology or Biotechnology as optional subject and a language.
- The candidate must have scored at least 50% in Physics, Maths and the optional subject that is Chemistry, Computer Science, Biology or Biotechnology. Aggregate score in all the five subjects taken together must be 45%. For candidates from the reserved category it should be 40%.