With just about a month left for Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) 2017, stress among the engineering aspirants is bound to soar high. This is a crucial time and it is essential to utilize it tactfully in order to make the most of it. Here are some important instructions for the JEE candidates to help them in their upcoming exam:
• Coping up with CBSE and JEE Main Preparation
Most students appear for CBSE and JEE Main 2017 simultaneously and thus managing time becomes all the more challenging for them. Since the CBSE board exams are almost about to begin, they should be your main point of focus. However, you must squeeze in some time each day to prepare for your JEE Main 2017 simultaneously.
Prepare a schedule to fix the number of hours to be devoted to each of these exams and stick to your schedule in order to move in a systematic manner.
• Strategies for Last Few Weeks
Your syllabus should have been completed by now and the remaining time must be employed in revision. It is suggested to do away with all your guide books, text books and study material and stick wholly and solely to your notes for revision.
2. Test Your Knowledge
Apart from revising and re-revising your lessons, it is essential to test your knowledge. Make it a practice to give mock tests and solve sample papers regularly. This will help you find out the areas you are weak in.
3. Focus on Weak Areas
You still have time to brush up on the topics you are weak in. So invest more time in revising such topics. Clear out any doubts you have about these topics to be thorough with them.
• Day of the Exam
Keep the following things in mind on the day of the exam in order to perform well:
1. Wake up early to give a quick glance at your notes and close them thereafter.
2. Do not carry your notes along to your examination center as last minute revisions only create stress.
3. Have a healthy breakfast.
4. Make sure you have your ID proof and all the other essential documents as you leave for the examination center.
5. Reach the examination center well before time.
6. Steer clear from any negative talk or discussion about the exam outside the examination hall.
7. Stay calm and begin with the paper as soon as you get it.
JEE Main 2017 pen and paper based examination shall be conducted on the 2nd of April 2017 and computer based test (CBT) shall be conducted on the 8th and 9th of April 2017. The examination result will be declared on the 27th of April. Top 220,000 candidates from JEE Mains 2017 will be eligible to appear for JEE Advanced 2017.