As per the announcement of the HRD Ministry, the newly formulated National Testing Agency (NTA) will be the exam conducting authority for JEE Main Exam 2022. The competitive engineering examination conducted every year twice (from the year 2019) is a national level screening test offering admission into B.E, B. Tech, B. Planning and B. Arch programs. Aspirants who wish to pursue these courses in various renowned institutions like IITs, CFTIs, & NITs, etc. have to qualify the examination by securing the minimum qualifying cut-off marks (NTA score).
NTA will be conducting JEE Mains twice in the months of January and April. In case you are willing to appear for JEE Main 2022, read the entire article to get every detail regarding NTA JEE Main 2022.
What is NTA?
NTA is National Testing Agency which is the exam conducting authority for organizing JEE Main 2022 and other competitive exams such as NEET, CMAT, UGC NET, and GPAT. Earlier, Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) was responsible for conducting these exams.
JEE Main 2022 Exam Dates
The exam dates will be announced by NTA on its official website (www.jeemain.nic.in). However, the tentative schedule for both June and July sessions are given below:
June JEE Main Exam 2022 Session schedule:
|Release of Application Form||March 01, 2022|
|Mock Test Availability||To be notified|
|Last date to submit the application form||April 5, 2022|
|Fee submission and image uploading deadline||April 6. 2022|
|Publication of allotted exam Shift with Date||To be notified|
|Application Correction Window Opens||April 06 to 08, 2022|
|Announcement of allotted exam center||Second week of June|
|Availability of Admit card download||June 21, 2022|
|JEE Main 2022 Exam date||June 24 to 29, 2022|
|JEE Main 2020 Result Date||To be notified|
July JEE Main Exam 2022 Session schedule:
|Online Application Begins||June 01, 2022|
|Mock Test Availability||To be notified|
|JEE Main 2022 Application last date||June 30, 2022|
|Last date to make fees payment||June 30, 2022|
|Application form correction starts from||To be Notified|
|JEE main 2022 admit card download||Third Week of July 2022|
|JEE Main 2022 Exam dates||July 21st to 30th, 2022|
|Result Announcement||To be notified|
JEE Main Exam 2022 Application Form
Candidates can check below important details about JEE Main 2022-
- The process of filling application forms for the June session will begin from March 01, 2022. For the July Session, registration will start from June 01, 2022.
- The complete online registration process will include – Online Registration, Filling the Application online, Uploading of Images, Payment of Application Fee and Printing the Application form.
- Candidates need to mention the state of eligibility, identification type (Aadhar, Passport, Ration card, Bank Account, Student ID), name of the candidate, DOB, Gender, Security Pin during the registration.
- Post the registration, applicants will need to fill the application form in which they have to mention the name, email id, mobile number, age, DOB, Father’s name, Mother’s name, Class 10 marks, Reservation details (if any), Address, selection of paper (i.e. will they choose one paper or both), selection of exam cities.
- The next step would be uploading scanned copies of required documents with scanned photograph and signature followed by payment of application fee.
- Mode of payment is online via credit card/debit card, bank transfer, NEFT, e-challan.
- The last date to submit the application form online for the June session is April 05, 2022. For the July session, candidates can submit the application form till June 30, 2022.
- Candidates can submit only one application form. If multiple application forms are found, a candidate will be rejected for giving the examination.
- Once the application process is done, candidates should take a printout of the acknowledgment paper along with fee receipt. They should keep it safely for future use.
JEE Main 2022 Admit Card
Admit card is an important document which shall be available to only those students who filled their application on time and correctly. It will have details like name, paper, DOB, Gender, Test Center name, city, State code of eligibility, etc. Candidates must carry this admit card at the time of examination or else they would not be allowed to sit for JEE Mains exam.
JEE Main 2022 Eligibility Criteria
It is important for the candidates to go through the JEE Main Exam 2022 Eligibility criterion, before filling the application form:
- Qualifying Exam: Applying candidate must have passed their (10+2) level exams or its equivalent from a recognized board or university.
- Diploma Holders: Candidates who are holding a diploma can apply for admissions but only in Indian Institute of Technology(s).
- Qualifying Subjects: Candidate in their 12th level must have passed with at least five mandatory subjects – Mathematics, Physics along with any one subject from the Biology, Chemistry, Biotechnology or any other technical vocational.
- Year of Appearance: Candidates who will be passing their 12th level exam in the year 2020 or 2021 are only eligible to apply for JEE Main 2022. Also, those appearing in their 12th in the year 2022 are also eligible to apply.
- No. of attempts: Applicants can appear a maximum of 3 times in consecutive years. Attempting both (June + July) sessions in the one year will be counted as one.
JEE Main 2022 Exam Pattern
Check the complete JEE Main 2022 exam pattern below to get an idea of the engineering examination before starting your exam prep:
- Exam Mode: Online in Computer Based Test mode. However, the drawing test in Paper 2 will be held in offline mode.
- Number of Papers: Two. The entrance exam will be held in – Paper I and Paper II. Paper I will be held for admission into B.E/B. Tech while Paper II will be conducted for admission into B. Arch and B. Plan programs.
- Total Number of Questions: In Paper I – 75 questions, Paper II – 82 questions.
- Type of Questions: Objective type. However, the drawing test of paper II will contain subjective type questions.
- Language Medium: English, Hindi, Gujarati & some other state languages.
- Time Duration: 3 hours. Extra time of 1 hour for PwD candidates
- Total Marks: Paper I – 300 marks, Paper II – 390 marks.
- Marking Scheme: 4 marks will be given for a correct answer and 1 mark will be deducted for an incorrect answer.
For JEE Main 2022 Paper I (B.E/B. Tech):
|Subject||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
For JEE Main 2022 Paper II (B.Arch/B.Plan):
|Subject||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
JEE Main Exam 2022 Syllabus
The complete JEE Main 2022 syllabus can be checked by the students online on the official website of NTA. Paper I syllabus will have topics from subjects Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics of class 11th and 12th. Regarding Paper II, questions will be asked from Mathematics, Aptitude, and Drawing sections.
JEE Main Exam 2022 Application Correction
The exam conducting body, NTA will provide JEE Main 2022 Application correction facility (only one-time) to correct mistakes for all the candidates who have registered successfully. It is to be noted that candidates will be able to rectify mistakes only through online mode for which an additional amount of fee needs to be paid.
Corrections in the application form must be done before the last date of form submission.
JEE Main Exam Practice Sample Question Paper
In order to acquaint fully with the exam pattern, marking scheme, nature of questions, predicted questions and learn time-management; students are advised to practice as many sample question paper as they can. The JEE paper is tricky and questions are integrated from different topics. Hence, every candidate after completing their syllabus should definitely go through sample papers. One should also inculcate the habit of looking at the solutions as they will develop problem-solving skills.
JEE Main Exam 2022 Preparation Tips
Students often ask ‘How to prepare for jee mains’? Therefore, we have compiled some of the most important preparation strategies so that you ace the exam with ease.
- Know everything about the exam: Before beginning with the preparation process, candidates must know the complete details related to JEE Examination. For example – paper pattern, marking scheme and syllabus, time duration, eligibility criteria, etc.
- Time-management: Prepare a practical time-table which you can follow whole-heartedly. You need to prepare a realistic plan that shall be helpful in achieving your targets. Keep time for extra-curricular also.
- Focus on concepts and formulas: While preparing, note down all the important concepts, key points or formulas at one place. This will be really helpful during the end-time revision.
- Choice of right study material: Prepare for the exam from the study material which is mostly recommended by other qualified candidates and experienced teachers.
- Practice is of utmost importance: Students should solve previous year exam papers and jee main sample paper to know the exam trend.
Read More About IIT JEE
|JEE Main & Advanced 2021/22||Crack IIT JEE Exam Tips|
|JEE Main Previous paper||JEE Advanced Revision Tips|
|Etoosindia Mobile App for IIT JEE||Crash Course for IIT JEE|
|IIT JEE Preparation Strategy||IIT JEE Study Material|
Keep following this Etoos blog for regular updates about JEE (Main and Advanced) examinations.
Download Etoosindia, the best video lectures for iit jee