JEE Main, conducted to select students for engineering and architecture courses in the top engineering colleges in the country, would be held on the 2nd of April (pen and paper based) and 8th and 9th April (computer-based) this year. Top 220,000 qualified candidates will be selected to appear for JEE Advanced. Here is a look at the JEE Main Result 2017 date, the procedure to check the same as well as other information related to the same.
We, at Etoosindia, extend our congratulations to all those who have cracked the tough JEE Main 2017 exam and are ready to embark on a successful career in the field of engineering.
It is time for celebration and also the time to begin planning for the next level exam that is JEE Advanced.
While your positive JEE Main 2017 result has opened the gates of the esteemed National Institutes of Technology (NITs), Indian Institutes of Information Technology (IIITs) and Centrally Funded Technical Institutes (CFTIs) for you, those of you who aspire to enter the elite Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs), Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research (IISERs), Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology or Indian Institute of Science require working harder for you need to crack the even tougher JEE Advanced for the same.
Each year more than 12 lakh students appear for JEE Main and the figures were around the same this year too. The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) conducted the exam on April 2 (offline) and April 8 and 9 (online). Putting an end to the speculation about the performance of those who appeared in the exam, the board has finally declared the JEE Main 2017 result today.
For those of you who are yet to check their JEE Main 2017 result, you can do so by logging on to the JEE Main 2017 official website,It is also available on :
Here is a step by step guide to check JEE Main 2017 result:
- Click open jeemain.nic.in or cbseresults.nic.in.
- Enter your registration number in the give space.
- Submit and see your result.
If you have cracked the JEE Main, you sure have the dedication and zeal to get through the next level too! Good Luck!
Important Dates for JEE Main Result 2017 :
Mentioned below are the important dates for JEE Main Result 2017.
- Declaration of JEE Main 2017 Paper I result: April 27 2017
- Declaration of JEE Main Result 2017 for Paper II: May 27 2017
- Announcement of All India Rankings of JEE Main 2017: Last week of June 2017
- JEE Main 2017 Rank Card: To be done after the AIR declaration.
Procedure to Check JEE Main Result 2017
The candidates shall be able to check their JEE Main result 2017 in online mode. Here is the complete procedure for checking the result:
- Log on to the official JEE website.
- Click on the link that gives access to JEE Main Result 2017 (This would appear after the result is announced).
- Provide the required credentials.
- Click on the submit button after entering all the required details.
- Click the reset button to re-enter the credentials in case any incorrect information has been entered.
- Your JEE Main Result 2017 would appear on the screen.
JEE Main 2017 Video Solutions :
Candidates, who have been preparing rigorously for JEE Main since months, are eager to know how they performed in the exam. Etoosindia, that helps engineering aspirants nurture their dream of entering the top colleges in the country, knows how crucial this time is for the candidates and to put an end to their anxiety and speculation, the institute uploads the video solution of the paper within a few hours of the exam. This will help you get a clear idea about your JEE Main Result 2017 even before the result is announced.
The video solutions for JEE Main 2017 can be seen on Etoosindia’s website.
JEE Main 2017 Paper Pattern
In order to perform well and get the desired JEE Main result 2017 it is essential to have a prior idea about the examination pattern. Here is a look at the JEE Main paper pattern for paper 1 and paper 2:
Paper 1: Conducted for undergraduate engineering courses.
- The paper will include questions from physics, chemistry and maths.
- The paper will contain 90 objective type questions. 30 questions shall be asked from each subject.
- Equal weight age is given to all the three subjects.
- The paper will be for a total of 360 marks – 120 marks for each section.
- Each question will carry 4 marks. 1 mark will be deducted for each incorrect answer.
- The paper can be conducted in both online and offline modes. Candidates can appear for the examination through CBT or PBT mode.
Paper 2: Conducted for undergraduate architecture courses.
- The paper is divided into three parts – Mathematics, drawing test and aptitude test.
- The mathematics section includes 30 questions, drawing section includes 2 questions and aptitude test includes 50 questions.
- This paper can only be given in offline mode.
- The objective type questions will carry 4 marks each and the 2 questions in the drawing section will be for a total of 70 marks.
- The paper would be for a total of 390 marks. The mathematics section will be for a total of 120 marks and the aptitude test will be for 200 marks.
Tips to Prepare for JEE Main 2017
Here are a few quick tips to help you prepare thoroughly and get excellent JEE Main Result 2017 :
- Prepare a workable plan
- Seek online coaching
- Refer to handwritten notes for revision
- Give mock tests
- Solve previous years’ papers
- Eat healthy and take adequate sleep
Please Note: JEE Main Result 2017 will only be available in online mode.