Students are often seen searching for the list of competitive exams after their class 10th results. Post 10 standard, a student needs to choose a stream which will be helpful in making their career. Though NEET and JEE are the top two choices for millions of students, there are other competitive exams as well which offer great scholarships for students. Here is the list of ten competitive exams that students can prepare for after class X. Let’s have a look:
1. National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET): The national level examination is conducted to select students for MBBS and BDS courses in prestigious government & medical colleges across the country. Know more about NEET 2019 here. Kick start your NEET 2019 preparation with Etoosindia.
2. Joint Entrance Exam (JEE): The Joint Entrance Exam is a nationwide examination for engineering and architecture courses in India. It is conducted in two parts: JEE Main and JEE Advanced. Only those who qualify JEE Main can sit for JEE Advanced. It is the gateway to admissions in engineering, science or architecture courses in top IITs, NITs, IISERs, and IIITs. Know more about JEE Main 2019 and JEE Advanced 2019. If you are starting with JEE preparation then enrol with Etoosindia and secure top AIR.
3. National Talent Search Examination (NTSE):
- National Council of Educational Research & Training (NCERT) conducts this national-level scholarship program at the Secondary school level.
- It is considered to be one of the most prestigious and oldest examinations in India. Also, it is touted as one of the toughest exams at the high-school level.
- NTSE is conducted to honour high intellect kids and academic talent.
- The exam is conducted every year at 2 levels: Stage I (State level) and Stage II (National level). Only those who qualify stage I can appear for Stage II.
- Lakhs of students appear for this scholarship exam every year from for the 1st stage.
- Only 5000 students are selected for the Stage 2 examination.
- 1000 scholarships are awarded to students who pass in the Stage-2 examination. 750 are for the General category & 250 for the reserved category.
4. Indian National Mathematics Olympiad (INMO):
- A high school mathematics competition held annually in India since 1989.
- The MO Cell conducts INMO on the third Sunday of January at 30 centres across the country.
- Candidates first need to appear for Regional Mathematical Olympiad (RMO) of their respective region/state.
- Around 30 students from each region are selected to write INMO.
5. National Science Talent Search Examination (NSTSE): Conducted by Unified Council, NSTSE is a popular independent examination for students in Classes 2 to 12. It assesses skills in Mathematics & Science.
6. International Earth Science Olympiad (IESO): It is one of the 13 International Science Olympiads. This annual competition for secondary school students is conducted to test students’ ability in geology, environmental science, meteorology and terrestrial astronomy.
7. International Olympiad of Science (IOS): With an objective to promote Science talents in India and abroad, IOS is conducted by Society of Science Education. Students from class 1 to 12 can participate in this esteemed exam. This exam builds a strong foundation for students to excel in Science.
8. National Cyber Olympiad (NCO): Conducted by Science Olympiad Foundation (SOF), the National Cyber Olympiad tests cyber concepts & knowledge related to computers. Students of class 1 to class 12 can participate in this exam.
9. Indian Computing Olympiad (ICO): Organised annually by the Indian Association for Research (IARCS), this nationwide exam aims at identifying school students with exceptional computer programming and algorithms skills. It is conducted for students up to class 12. ICO is open to all school students across the country, from any school board.
10. National Science Olympiad (NSO): Conducted by Science Olympiad Foundation, this competitive exam is open to students of classes 1 to 12. The medium of the test is English and the exam is conducted during school hours. So, pull up your socks and start preparing for these competitive exams. All the best!
Download Etoosindia, the best app for cbse board
Keep following Etoos blog for latest exam updates.