Maharashtra Common Entrance Test (MHTCET) is a state level engineering exam held for providing admission to the B. Tech programs in various institutes in the Indian state of Maharashtra. The exam was re-introduced in the year 2016. In the year 2014 and 2015 the admission to these institutions was given on the basis of the JEE Main score. The application forms for the exam are out and the registrations shall remain open until the last week of March. Read on to know about MHT CET 2018 important dates, eligibility criteria and participating institutes:
MHT CET 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Here is a look at the eligibility criteria for this state level engineering examination:
- Candidates must have Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as mandatory subjects in class 12th.
- The candidates belonging to the general category must score an aggregate of 50% or more in class 12th or equivalent examination.
- A relaxation of 5% is given to the candidates belonging to the students belonging to the Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe and Other Backward Classes categories.
- Those appearing for class 12th are also eligible for the exam.
- There is no age limit for appearing in this exam.
MHT CET 2018 Important Dates
Here is a look at the important dates for MHTCET 2018:
- Online registration commencement: January 18 2018
- Online registration and confirmation of online form submission ends: March 25 2018
- Online registration and online application submission confirmation with late fee of Rs. 500: March 26 2018 to March 31 2018
- Rectification of Errors in the Submitted Application Forms: Last week of April 2018
- Online Admit Card Availability: April 24th to May 10th 2018
- MHT CET 2018 Test: May 10 2018
- Certificates/ Documents submission: May 2nd week to May 3rd week 2018
- Question Paper Booklets online display: Last week of May 2018
- Provisional keys online display: Last week of May 2018
- OMR answer sheets: availability on website: Last week of May to first week of June 2018
- Online submission of objections on answer key/ question paper/ typographic errors last week: May 2018 last week
- Result Declaration: On or before 3rd June 2018
- Counselling: First week of June 2018
Various government colleges, private unaided colleges, government aided private colleges and university colleges in Maharashtra form a part of the MHT CET 2018 participating institutes. Sant Gadge Baba Amravati University, Amravati, P. R. Pote (Patil) Education & Welfare Trust’s Group of Institution(Integrated Campus), Amravati, Siddhivinayak Technical Campus, School of Engineering & Research Technology, Shirasgon, Nile, Hi-Tech Institute of Technology, Aurangabad, K J Somaiya Institute of Engineering and Information Technology, Sion, Mumbai,
MKSSS’s Cummins College of Engineering for Women, Karvenagar, Pune, Manav School of Engineering & Technology, Gut No. 1035 Nagpur Surat Highway, NH No. 6 Tal.Vyala, Balapur, Akola, Shri Sai Samajik Vikas Santha’s Shri Sai Colllege of Engineering, Paddari Village Tal. & Dist. Aurangabad, Manjara Charitable Trust’s Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Technology, Mumbai, Vidyalankar Institute of Technology,Wadala, Mumbai, S.I.E.S. Graduate School of Technology, Nerul, Navi Mumbai, MET Bhujbal Knowledge City MET League’s Engineering College, Adgaon, Nashik, SNJB’s Late Sau. Kantabai Bhavarlalji Jain College of Engineering, (Jain Gurukul), Neminagar,Chandwad,(Nashik), The Shetkari Shikshan Mandal Sangli’s Pd. Vasantdada Patil Institute of Technology, Bavdhan, Pune, Genba Sopanrao Moze Trust Parvatibai Genba Moze College of Engineering,Wagholi, Pune and Vidyarthi Griha’s College of Engineering and Technology, Pune are some of the participating institutes.