Parents and teachers play a crucial role when it comes to motivating students to learn and prepare for exams. Retaining information for a longer period of time can be quite tedious if learning is not done in a fun way. Motivated students are often more excited to learn and participate as compared to those who aren’t. If your child is self-motivated, great! But if you are looking for that little piece of advice on how to motivate students to learn; you have come to the right section. Let’s discover some ways below:
Strategies for Motivating Students
- Encourage them every day: Words can either motivate or de-motivate a student. It is the prime responsibility of the parents, teachers, and the surroundings which include the peer members to constantly encourage the students and believe in them. Give them one-on-one help if they have trouble learning some concept. Not every student is the same in terms of learning and grasping things. Parents and teachers should understand this and react accordingly. It is advisable not to compare their child’s performance and grades with other students. This can de-motivate them and can often lose their confidence.
- Know your student/child: For teachers, it is extremely important to know their students in and out. A teacher has to be thorough with every student’s strengths and weaknesses. They should then develop a strategy for an effectual teaching. Teachers need to understand that every student has their own pace to learn things. Their duty is to boost the morale of each student and help them overcome their weaknesses. Mentors and parents should also pay attention to their child’s limitations and work accordingly to improve them.
- Involve them in activities: Undeniably, learning should be made fun and interesting. The question is how? This can be done by engaging students in daily activities and assigning them some task. It will help them become responsible & organised. Break the monotony of classrooms by having discussions and debates, interactive sessions with fellow students, adding some humour to make concepts exciting.
- Make a healthy environment: Not only teachers (at schools) but parents (at home) has to see that students have a friendly & healthy environment. Make them comfortable by talking to them, asking them questions, have one-on-one conversations, help them with revisions, ask them to share their experience and take their feedback. Teach them in fun way which lets them relate things with real life. This will be advantageous in their learning process and motivate them to learn further.
- Recognise their work: Students will feel enthusiastic if their work is valued and recognised timely. It will help them develop a sense of positivity and eagerness to do tasks in a much better and efficient way. Praising them for the work they do can help them go a long way. So, appreciate their work. For that extra push offer them some incentives. This will keep them going and completing the tasks within the dedicated timeline.
Remember to aim above the mark in order to hit the mark. Just don’t let anyone or anything stop you to achieve your target! Stay healthy & stay motivated. If you have some suggestions then post your comments and ideas in the below section. Keep following us for updates on entrance exams and their preparation techniques.
Download Etoosindia, the best app for online Learning
Keep following Etoos blog for latest exam updates.