National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA) is a national level Aptitude Test conducted to select students for the 5 year B Arch Degree program in various government, government aided and unaided schools/ colleges of Architecture in the country. The examination is conducted each year by the Council of Architecture. From this year onward, NATA shall be a single day exam.
The students are tested on their drawing and precision skills, aesthetic sensitivity, critical thinking ability and sense of proportion by way of this test. NATA is a mandatory examination to seek admission to any architectural college or course in India. The Institutes of Information Technology (IITs) and National Institutes of Information Technology (NITs) are an exception here.
NATA 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Here is a look at the eligibility criteria for NATA 2018:
- Candidates need to clear Class 12th or equivalent or 10+3 Diploma in any stream or International Baccalaureate Diploma after schooling of 10 years.
- Candidates appearing in Class 12th may also apply.
- Candidates must have mathematics as mandatory subject in Class 12th.
- Candidates must secure a minimum aggregate of 50% marks in the qualifying examination.
- There is no age limit set for the candidates applying for NATA exam.
NATA 2018 Important Dates
- Online Application Process Commencement: 16th Jan 2018
- Online Application Process End: 2nd March 2018
- Form Correction Window Open: Feb 2018 3rd week
- Publication of Downloadable Admit Card: 2nd April 2018
- NATA 2018 Exam: 29th April 2018
- NATA 2018 Result Announcement: 1st June 2018
Candidates can register for NATA 2018 via online mode. They require filling their personal details and uploading the required documents at the time of filling online form. They also require uploading the scanned images of their passport size photograph, signature and category certificate.
Some of the top colleges that accept NATA score to provide admission to architecture program include Sir JJ College of Architecture, Mumbai, R V School of Architecure, RVCE, Bangalore, Chandigarh College of Architecture, Chandigarh, Department of Architecture, BIT, Mersa, Rizvi College of Architecture (RCA), Sinhgad College of Architecture, Sushant School of Art and Architecture, Gurgaon, School of Planning and Architecture, Faculty of Architecture and Ekistics, JMI and Faculty of Architecture, Manipal University.
These institutes boast of excellent faculty members and a great infrastructure. Numerous students apply for admission to architecture courses in these institutes each year but only the most deserving ones are screened and selected through NATA.
We wish all the very best to all of you appearing for NATA 2018.