National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET), conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education, is held to shortlist candidates for graduate and postgraduate medical courses in private and government colleges across the country. Lakhs of students appear for this exam each year but only a few are able to seek admission in their dream college. If you are planning to appear for NEET 2017 then here is all you need to know about the upcoming exam:
- The application form for NEET 2017 isn’t out yet. Though there is no notification about it on the official website www.cbseneet.nic.in it is likely to be out soon probably in the last week of January.
- The forms will be released only in online mode. The application would not be accepted in any other form under any circumstance.
- The date for NEET 2017 was expected to be 21st of May however due to the delay in the forms it is being anticipated that the date of the exam might be pushed to the last week of June.
- The minimum age limit to sit for NEET is 17 years and the maximum has been revised to 25 years.
- The maximum age limit for SC/ ST reserved category is 30 years.
- NEET is available in 9 languages with Odia being the latest addition.
- The candidates get a total of 3 attempts to clear this examination.