National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) 2018 is conducted to shortlist students for MBBS and BDS courses for private and government medical and dental colleges in the country. Like each year thousands of medical aspirants are expected to appear for this exam. If you are one of those planning to give this entrance test to enter your dream medical college then the information shared here should come handy.
Important Dates Related to NEET 2018
Here is a look at the important dates related to NEET 2018:
- Submission of Application forms in online mode to begin in the last week of December 2017
- Submission of Application forms in online mode to end in the 4th week of January 2018
- Submission of Application fee to be done by the last week of January 2018
- Admit card would be issued in the 1st week of April 2018
- NEET 2018 would be held in the 1st week of May 2018
- The result for NEET 2018 shall be declared in 1st week of June 2018
- Counselling session for NEET 2018 shall begin after the declaration of the result
Number of NEET Attempts
While earlier there was no limit to the number of NEET attempts now a candidate can appear for this entrance exam only thrice. The age criterion has also been set to 25 years. A candidate above the age of 25 years would not be allowed to give the exam. In case of reserved category, the upper age limit is 30 years. This has been done to bring down the number of older candidates competing with the 17 year old (which is the minimum age limit) candidates.
The exact exam date for NEET 2018 and other related events shall be out soon. We shall update you with the same as well as other latest updates on NEET 2018. Keep a tab on this space!