We know all you medical aspirants out there must be eager to know about the latest on NEET 2018. So, here we are providing complete information about this National Level Medical Entrance Exam. Right from the procedure to fill the application form to the examination date – read on to know all the latest updates about NEET 2018.
NEET 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Let us begin by understanding the eligibility criterion for NEET 2018:
- The candidate must be 17 years of age as on or before 31st December of the admission year.
- The candidate must be 25 years of age (General and OBC category) and 30 years of age (other categories) as on or before 31st December of the admission year.
- The candidate should have qualified class 12th or equivalent exam with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and English as compulsory
- Students appearing in 10+2 are also eligible.
- In the qualifying exam (PCB), General category candidates must attain a minimum of 50% marks, General-PH category candidates must obtain a minimum of 45% marks and SC/ ST & OBC candidates must obtain at least 40% marks.
- The candidate should be an Indian citizen. Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) candidates are also eligible.
- Telangana/ J&K/ AP candidates are only eligible for All India 15% quota (also eligible for admission in AFMC, Pune) on self-declaration basis.
- Aadhaar Card Requirement: Indian National candidates should have an Aadhaar Number to apply for NEET exam.
NEET 2018 – How To Apply?
Here is the procedure to apply for NEET 2018:
- NEET 2018 application form would be available only in the online mode on the official website of NEET.
- Login to the site and key in all the essential details such as name, contact number, qualification, domicile, etc
- Upload the scanned copies of passport size photograph, signature and index finger impression.
- Pay the fee and take out the printout of the application form’s confirmation page.
Application Fee for NEET 2018
An application fee of INR 1400 is to be paid by the candidates belonging to the General and OBC category and INR 750 needs to be paid by the SC, ST and PH category candidates.
The fee can be paid via online mode through debit or credit card or via e-challan of Syndicate bank, ICICI bank, HDFC bank or SBI.
NEET 2018 Important Dates
Given below are the tentative dates for NEET 2018:
- Application Form Release: December 2017, last week
- Last Date for Application Form Submission: January 2018, last week
- Last Date for Application Fee Submission: January 2018, last week
- Admit Card Release: April 2018, 1st week
- NEET 2018 Exam Date: 6 May, 2018
- Result Announcement: June 2018, 1st week
- Counselling: Post result declaration