National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) is a national level examination for medical aspirants. It is conducted each year to shortlist candidates for MBBS and BDS courses in private and government medical colleges in the country. NEET 2018 will be conducted in about 6 months from now. The information shared here should be helpful for those of you planning to appear for the same.
NEET Eligibility Criteria 2018
There are various parameters & NEET eligibility criteria 2018 including age, qualification and nationality that you require qualifying so as to be eligible for Exam. It is essential to read and understand the NEET eligibility criteria 2018 before filling the application form. Let us have a look at these in detail:
Age Criteria NEET 2018
- The candidates should be at least 17 years old at the time of admission or should complete the mentioned age on or before 31st December 2018.
- The upper age limit of the candidates is 25 years as on the examination date.
- A relaxation of 5 years is given to the candidates belonging to the Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and Other Backward Classes category. This means that for these categories the candidates must be born on or between 8th May 1988 and 1st January 2002.
- Candidates belonging to the Unreserved Category (UR) must be born between 8th May 1993 and 1st January 2002 to fulfill the age criteria for NEET 2018.
- In order to apply for NEET 2018, the candidates should have appeared for or passed the higher/ senior secondary examination. Or they should have cleared or appeared for ISCE that is equivalent to 10+2 examination.
- The candidate must have passed the aforementioned examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Biotechnology, English and Maths or any other elective subject.
- The candidates are required to score minimum of 50%marks (aggregate in PCB).
- For General Physically handicapped candidates the aggregate marks must be 45%.
- There is a relaxation of 10% for those belonging to the SC, ST and OBC category. For SC/ ST/ OBC – PH candidates also the minimum percentage required is 40%
- Those who are still in their 12th standard and have applied for NEET 2018 must show their passing certificate during the first round of counselling.
15% All India Quota NEET Eligibility Criteria 2018
- In order to appear for NEET 2018, the candidate must be a citizen of India, Non Resident Indian (NRI), Persons of Indian Origin (PIO), Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) and Foreign National.
For AP, J&K and Telangana States
- Candidates from these states are eligible for 15% All India Quota (AIQ) seats. However, this is only for admission to Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC), Pune based on self declaration.
- Candidates from these states can appear in NEET 2018 for admission to Private Medical/ Dental Colleges or Private/ Deemed University & Armed Forces Medical Colleges, Pune.
All medical aspirants must possess Aadhaar card in order to apply for NEET 2018 examination.