The National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET-UG) 2019, as we all know, is the gateway to enter top medical institutes & colleges in India. To clear this esteemed national level exam one requires to prepare rigorously with dedication and hard work. Students should do a methodical planning to complete the entire syllabus along with keeping the NEET exam pattern in mind.
The only national-level medical will be conducted by the newly-formed National Testing Agency (NTA) twice a year. As per the news, the medical exam will be conducted in February and May in complete online mode from 2019 onwards. Before getting to know the exam pattern for NEET, find the complete information about the exam dates below.
|List||Dates for February 2019||Dates for May 2019|
|Application form release||1 October 2018||March 2019 Week II|
|Deadline to submit application form||31 October 2018||April 2019 Week II|
|Last date for fees payment||Last week of October 2018||April 2019 Week II|
|Correction Window opens||I week of November 2018||April 2019 Week III|
|Availability of Admit Card||I week of January 2019||May 2019 Week 1|
|Examination Date||3 Feb to 17 Feb (Candidates to choose any one from these 8 settings)||12 May to 26 May (Candidates can choose any one from these 8 settings)|
|Release of Answer Key||Within a week after the exam||Within a Week after the exam|
|Result Declaration||March 2019 week I||June 2019 Week I|
|Counselling begins||June 2019 Week II||
June 2019 Week II
What is the NEET Exam Pattern?
Students should be well-versed in the mode of exam, the nature of questions and medium of the exam to develop an effective preparation strategy. To ease your task, we have hereby provided complete details. Let’s have a look
- Subject wise question break-up: 45 questions from Physics, 45 questions from Chemistry and 90 questions from Biology.
- Language: Apart from English, the question paper will be available in Hindi, Gujarati, Oriya, Marathi, Bengali, Assamese, Tamil, Telugu, Urdu and Kannada.
- Negative marking in NEET: One mark will be deducted for each incorrect response.
- The marking scheme for NEET 2019 is given below
|Subject||Number of questions||Marks for correct answer||Negative marking||Maximum Marks|
All aspirants need to pull up their socks as only 6 months are remaining for the first attempt of NEET 2019 (February). They should solve previous year NEET exam question papers and regularly check the NTA NEET 2019 syllabus in order to crack this prestigious medical paper. You may also check the syllabus here.
NEET Question Paper 2019
NTA plans to use a software that would pick questions at random providing a unique set of questions for each candidate. Candidates can select the date of the exam as per their convenience. Hence, students should download previous year question papers and see their video solutions too at Etoos India – India’s No. 1 Online Coaching. Solving sample papers gives a rough idea of the nature of questions and lets you analyse your strong and weak points.
Latest news on NEET 2019 Exam Pattern:
- NTA will conduct exam in online mode & use technological tools like Psychometric Analysis, Artificial Intelligence and Computer-based Adaptive Testing.
- NTA will set up 3000 practice centres for NEET to familiarise students with the computer-based exam.
- As per HRD senior official, the only difference in NEET 2019 will be the online computer based test. The syllabus, pattern, number of questions and difficulty level will remain the same.
Also, read Tips to prepare for computer-based NEET 2019.
For the latest news and more updates on the pattern of NEET 2019, keep following EtoosIndia blog!