National Institute of Fashion Technology Entrance Exam is conducted to shortlist candidates for various courses offered at the esteemed National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT 2018). Here is a look at the eligibility criteria, important dates and other essential dates related to this exam.
NIFT 2018 Eligibility Criteria
NIFT offers Bachelor of Design programs in Fashion Design, Leather Design, Textile Design, Knitwear, Accessory Design and Fashion Communication. Here is the eligibility criteria to appear for NIFT 2018 Entrance exam to be conducted to select students for these programs:
- Candidates must have received education from any Public School/ Board/ University Examination in India or abroad. However, it must be recognized equivalent to 10+2 system by the Association of Indian Universities.
- Candidates must have completed their class 12th from a recognised Central or State board such as CBSE, State Board New Delhi or the likes.
- Candidates must have passed the General Certificate Education (GCE) Exam (Cambridge/ London/ Sri Lanka) at Advanced (A) level/ International Baccalaureate (IB).
- Candidates must have a 3 or 4 year diploma recognized by AICTE or State Board of Technical Education.
- Candidates must be 23 years old or less as on 1st October 2017.
- Relaxation of 5 years is given to the candidates belonging to the Scheduled Caste (SC)/ Scheduled Tribe (ST) or Differently Abled Person category.
NIFT 2018 Exam Dates
Here is a look at the important dates related to NIFT 2018:
- Application Forms Release: 20th October 2017
- Application Forms Submission Last Date: 29th Dec 2017
- Application Forms Submission Last Date with Late Fee: 2nd January 2018
- NIFT Admit Card Download: 9th January 2018
- NIFT Entrance Exam: 21st January 2018
NIFT is considered to be one of the top institutes in India when it comes to fashion related courses. It has centres in various cities including Bangalore, Mumbai, Chennai, Kolkata, Hyderabad, Patna, Kangra, Kannur, Gandhinagar, Raebareli, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Shillong and Jodhpur. NIFT headquarters are based in New Delhi. The institute came into being in the year 1986. It is an institute of design, technology and management for fashion business.
It is the dream of every aspiring fashion designer in the country to seek admission in NIFT. Numerous students apply for various courses at the institute each year. The institute shortlists and takes on board the most deserving ones. NIFT graduates are known to be placed in some of the best fashion houses around the world. Many of them even begin their own businesses and prove to be successful in the same.