Students are often perplexed on which stream to choose after their 10th standard. Those who are determined to go for the science stream get confused on whether to go for PCB, PCM or PCMB? One simple answer to this is that if you wish to pursue medical after 12th then you should go for PCB. In case, you want to opt for engineering then go for PCM. However, if you are indecisive about which field to choose then go for PCMB. Opting for PCMB is a good way to keep your options open.
Now, while the plus point of opting for PCMB is that it keeps your options open however it can be quite taxing to study both Maths and Biology. The syllabus of both these subjects is vast. Maths requires a lot of practice and you need to invest a lot of time learning the biology chapters. In an attempt to learn both, students often end up lowering their performance. In addition to studying these subjects in Classes XI and XII, you would also have to Prepare for NEET and IIT JEE Main & Advanced if you are still indecisive. So, it is recommended to do thorough research and try to analyze which field is better suited for you. Here are a few things to keep in mind while choosing among these streams:
- What further streams can you opt for after each of these streams?
- What are the career prospects for each of these streams?
- How is the job market for each of these – money wise as well as growth wise?
- Which of these streams interests you the most?
- Which of these subjects do you find easy to learn and understand?
- Would you be able to study all four subjects and still fetch good marks? Or do you think you should make a decision between PCM( Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics) and PCB( Physics, Chemistry, Biology) to focus better?
What are the Career Options after 12th?
You can take up different career paths if you opt for science stream after Class 12th. Here is a look at the different options to choose from for PCM and PCB students:
Here are the options for PCM students:
- Engineering: This is mostly the first choice of students opting for PCM. There are a host of domains to specialize in including automobile engineering, aeronautical engineering, chemical engineering, mechanical engineering, civil engineering, electrical and electronics engineering, marine engineering, industrial engineering, instrumentation and control engineering, nuclear engineering and mining engineering to name a few.
- Architecture: Apart from engineering, you can also opt for an architecture course. A career in architecture is quite lucrative and there are ample of job opportunities available.
- One can also pursue a diploma to get into the merchant navy or take training to become a commercial pilot.
- Besides these ones can opt for Bachelor of Science and specialize in any field of his/ her choice. There are numerous streams to choose from. Among other career options, one can opt for teaching after this.
Here are some of the courses one can take up after pursuing PCB:
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery
- Bachelor of Homeopathy Medicine and Surgery
- Bachelor of Unani Medicine and Surgery
- Bachelor of Dental Surgery
- Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery
- Apart from these, you may opt for Bachelor in Science and specialize in different fields such as Biology, Biotechnology, Microbiology, Agriculture, Chemistry, Horticulture, Environmental Studies and Radiology to name a few.
Bachelor of Pharmacy is one course that you can opt for irrespective of whether you choose PCM or PCB after class 10th. After the completion of B. Pharm, the students can take up M. Pharm to amp their chances of getting a good job.
The final decision would certainly be yours. Just do good research and consider all the aforementioned points before taking the final decision.
Hope the above information helps you in your career. All the best!
Keep following Etoos blog for latest exam updates.