With just about 3 months left for Joint Entrance Exam (JEE) Main 2018, most of you must have already covered the entire syllabus. Most coaching institutes complete the entire course by December end and begin with their revision sessions and tests from January. JEE aspirants must also follow the same pattern in order to prepare thoroughly for the exam. The last three months are extremely crucial and you must make the most of this time if you are serious about securing a seat in one of the top engineering institutes in the country.
JEE Main Preparation Strategy for the Last Three Months
- Schedule Revision Sessions
Revision is extremely important to memorise the lessons well. The more you revise the more thorough you shall be with your lessons. It is thus essential to schedule repeated revision sessions. It is best to wake up early morning and revise your lessons with a fresh mind. However, there may be some of you who may be able to concentrate better during late evening hours or during the day time. In that case, utilise that particular time for revision.
- Give Mock Tests
This is also the time when you must give mock tests. During the months of January and February you must make it a practice to devote 3 hours to give a mock test every alternative day if not every day. This will enhance your speed and accuracy and also help you identify the areas you lack in.
- Analyze Test Results
Many students give mock test, check the marks and move on to solve the next one. This is a wrong approach. If you do not analyze the paper properly post solving it there is no use giving the test. You must go through the entire solved paper to identify where you went wrong. Then try to figure out the reason for the same and work on it.
- Indulge in Group Studies
It is suggested to go for group study sessions fortnightly during the last three months. This is a good way to test your knowledge, clarify your doubts and also find out if you have missed out on anything important. You must choose your group wisely. Go for group studies only with students who are serious about JEE. Also don’t over indulge in it.
- Focus on Important Topics
While you must be thorough with the entire JEE Main 2018 syllabus, you must focus on the important topics during this time. These are the topics that carry more weightage and have essentially formed a part of the previous years’ JEE Main papers.
JEE Main Subject Wise Important Topics
Here is a look at the important topics for all three subjects:
- Physics : Capacitors & Electrostatics, Electromagnetic Induction, Fluids, Heat and Thermodynamics, Gravitation, Kinematics, Waves and Sound, Mechanics, Optics and Modern Physics
- Chemistry: Coordination Chemistry and Chemical Bonding in Inorganic Chemistry, Chemical and Ionic Equilibrium, Electrochemistry, Mole Concept in Physical Chemistry and Organic Chemistry
- Mathematics : Application of Derivatives, Complex Numbers, Continuity and Differentiability, Definite Integral in Calculus, Limits, Quadratic Equations and Expressions, Probability, Vectors, Matrices in Algebra; Circle, Hyperbola in Coordinate Geometry; Functions and Parabola
So girls and boys, it’s time to gear up and follow the tips to give your best shot!