2018 Medical Entrance Exam or NEET 2018 is likely to be held in the first week of May. Like each year numerous candidates are expected to appear for the exam. The competition is tough. However, you can get through it with proper guidance and a good amount of hard work. Read on to know how to prepare the right way to enter the best medical college in the country.
2018 Medical Entrance Exam Syllabus
The exam tests your knowledge in three subjects – Physics, Chemistry and Biology. Before you begin your preparation for the 2018 medical entrance exam, you must get hold of the entire syllabus to be covered for the same. For this, you can get in touch with your faculty at your coaching institute or look for the syllabus on the internet.
2018 Medical Entrance Exam Pattern
You must also have prior knowledge about the examination pattern. This helps prepare better and score more. Here is a look at the examination pattern for NEET 2018:
- The examination is held for a total of 3 hours.
- The paper is divided into 3 sections.
- There are a total of 180 questions in the paper.
- The questions are all objective type with four options to choose from.
- Four marks are given for each correct answer and one mark is deducted for every wrong answer.
- The question paper is available in 8 languages including Hindi, English, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Tamil, Telugu and Marathi. Language preference needs to be made at the time of filling the application form.
2018 Medical Entrance Exam Preparation Tips
Once you have the syllabus handy and are aware about the NEET examination pattern, it is time to begin with your 2018 medical entrance exam preparation. Here are a few tips to help you prepare thoroughly for your exam:
- Prepare a Schedule
Begin by preparing a schedule. You must spread the syllabus evenly over the days left for the exam. Stick to your schedule diligently. Prepare daily to-do lists in addition to this to prioritise your tasks and work systematically.
- Prepare Notes
You may be required to refer to different guide books for the preparation of NEET 2018. However, it is not possible to juggle between different books each time you sit to study. Hence, you must prepare hand-written notes that can be referred to later.
- Give Mock Tests
Mock tests are a great way to test your knowledge, build speed and understand the examination pattern. You must ensure you give these tests regularly.
- Revise Regularly
Revision is a great way to retain your chapters well. So make it a practice to revise the topics simultaneously as you study the new ones.
- Stay Healthy
A healthy mind breeds in a healthy body. You must thus take utmost care of your health. Here are a few ways to promote health:
- Cut out on oily, fried, sugary and any form of junk food. Stick to a healthy diet that includes all the essential micro nutrients.
- In no case should you compromise on your sleep. It is essential to sleep for 8 hours a day to keep healthy. Lack of it will make you lethargic and hamper your ability to focus.
- Exercising boosts the brain power and is a good way to burst stress. So, indulge in any physical exercise for around half an hour a day.
Knowing the 2018 medical entrance exam syllabus and examination pattern and following the aforementioned tips can help you prepare well.