West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination is held to select students for engineering and technology, architecture and pharmacy courses. This examination is exclusively held to select students for universities, self financed institutes and government colleges in West Bengal. For all those planning to appear for WBJEE 2018, here is all you need to know about the upcoming examination:
WBJEE 2018 Admit Card
The information brochure for WBJEE 2018 shall be available in the 4th week of December 2017. The application process for the examination is likely to begin from the 1st week of January 2018.
WBJEE 2018 admit card shall be issued via online mode from the 2nd week of April 2018. The issuance shall be done via WBJEEB’s official website. The admit card shall include all the details of the candidate as well as the necessary instructions related to the exam. The candidates shall be allowed inside the examination hall only on showing the admit card.
Candidates must thus keep the WBJEE 2018 admit card safe until the admission process is complete as the board shall not issue any duplicate admit card.
WBJEE 2018 Examination Pattern
It is essential to know the examination pattern beforehand so as to know what to expect in the exam. Here is a look at the WBJEE 2018 examination pattern:
- The question paper shall be for a total of 200 marks.
- The paper shall be divided into three sections – Physics, Chemistry and Maths.
- There will be a total of 155 questions in the paper.
- All the questions included in the WBJEE paper shall all be multiple choice.
- In category 1 and category 2, 0.25 marks shall be deducted for every wrongly answered question. No negative marking shall be done for category 3.
- The examination shall be held only in the offline mode (OMR Pattern).
WBJEE 2018 Syllabus
Here is a look at the syllabus for all three subjects under WBJEE 2018:
- Atomic Physics
- Bulk properties of matter
- Connected systems
- Current Electricity
- Electromagnetic induction & alternating current
- Electromagnetic waves
- Heat & Thermal Physics
- Kinetic theory of gases
- Laws of motion
- Measurements, Units & Dimensions
- Motion of centre of mass
- Magnetic effect of current
- Nuclear Physics
- Oscillations & Waves
- Optics I (Ray optics)
- Optics (II) Wave Optics
- Particle nature of light & wave particle dualism
- Physical World
- Solid state Electronics
- Atomic Structure
- Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure
- Chemical Energetic and Chemical Dynamics
- Chemistry of Metals
- Chemistry in Industry
- Coordination Compounds
- Environmental Chemistry
- Molecules & Chemical Arithmetic
- Physical Chemistry of Solutions
- Radioactivity and Nuclear Chemistry
- The Periodic Table and Chemical Families
- Co-ordinate Geometry of Two Dimensions
- Co-ordinate Geometry of Three Dimensions
WBJEE 2018 Result
The result for WBJEE 2018 shall be declared in the 1st week of June 2018. It will be published in the form of rank cards. The rank card includes the total score, component scores in Paper I (Maths) and Paper II (Physics and Chemistry) and relevant ranks.
The WBJEE 2018 result shall be declared on the board’s official website. The candidates shall be able to check their result via online mode. The cut-off list shall be published after the announcement of the result.
Watch out for this space as we shall keep you updated with the latest about WBJEE 2018!