Joint Entrance Exam- Advanced (JEE Advanced) is a prestigious national-level examination. The annual entrance exam is a mandate in India if you wish to pursue engineering. Formerly known as IIT-JEE, the exam is conducted by one of the seven zonal IITs under the guidance of the Joint Admission Board (JAB). It is the gateway to admissions in engineering, science, or architecture courses in IITs, NITs, IISERs, and IIITs. All those candidates seeking information about JEE Advanced 2022 exam should have a look at this article for all the important details.
JEE Advanced 2022 Exam Date
Applicants who qualify for IIT-JEE Mains 2022 are only eligible to sit for JEE Advanced 2022 exam. Other dates are:
- Online Registration Begins: 7th August 2022
- Registration Closes: 11th August 2022
- Admit Card Release: 23rd August 2022
- Exam Date: 28th August 2022
- Online display of ORS/ Response Sheet: 3rd September 2022
- Answer Key Releases: 3rd September 2022
- Receiving Feedback: 3rd September 2022 to 4th September 2022
- Result Declaration: 11th September 2022
- Architecture Aptitude Test (AAT) Online Registration Date: 11th September 2022 to 12th September 2022
- Exam Date for AAT: 14th September 2022
- Result Declaration for AAT: 17th September 2022
- Allotment of Seats: 12th September 2022
JEE Advanced Registration 2022
- The registration for JEE Advanced 2022 usually begins from 7th August 2022 to 11th August 2022.
- Only via online mode candidates can register themselves for the exam.
- Post registrations, candidates are required to fill in their academic and educational details along with their city preference.
- Candidates have to upload the following scanned documents:
- Birth certificate or 10th certificate (If Date of Birth is mentioned)
- 10+2 or equivalent exam certificate
- Gazette certificate/notification for showing the name change, if applicable.
- Category Certificate (SC/ST/OBC-NCL)
- PwD certificate (if applicable)
- OCI certificate or PIO card, if applicable
JEE Advanced 2022 Application Form Fees
- Fees for Indian Nationals (for examination centers in India):
- Female candidates (all categories) & Sc/ST/PwD are Rs. 1400.
- All other candidates need to pay Rs. 2800.
- Fees for Examination centers in foreign countries:
- For SAARC Countries, all candidates have to pay USD 75.
- For Non-SAARC countries, it is USD 150.
- It is neither refundable nor transferable.
- The application fee can be paid via online (Debit card/ net banking) or offline (SBI Challan) mode.
Eligibility Criteria for JEE Advanced 2022
- Indian Nationals/OCI/PIO/Foreign national candidates can apply for this exam.
- Candidates who are applying for JEE Advanced 2022 should have been born on or after October 1, 1997.
- 5 years of age relaxation is given for SC/ST and PWD candidates.
- Only 2 attempts in consecutive years are allowed for candidates.
- Appearing in JEE Main 2022 is a mandate for appearing in JEE Advanced 2022.
- Appearance in class 12th or equivalent examination should be either 2021 or 2022 for the first time.
- For JEE Advanced 2022, only the top 2,24,000 lacs JEE Main qualified applicants (including all categories) are eligible.
- Candidates obtaining positive marks in Paper 1 of JEE Mains are only eligible.
- Applicants should secure at least 75 % marks in the 10+2 or equivalent exam. (In the case of SC/ST/PWD category, it is 65%).
- The best of two percentages will be taken into consideration if a candidate has appeared in the 10+2 or equivalent exam (in the year 2021) and reappeared in 2022.
- If a candidate is within the category-wise top 20 percentile of qualified candidates in 10+2 or equivalent examination, then he/she is eligible to appear.
- Candidates whose admissions at IITs were canceled after joining are also not allowed to appear for JEE Advanced 2022.
- Students should not have accepted admission in any of the IITs earlier.
- If a candidate is studying in a preparatory course in any of the IITs for the first time in 2022, then he/she is eligible to appear in JEE Advanced 2022.
- Those candidates are eligible to appear for the exam if they paid a seat acceptance fee during the joint seat allocation in 2022 and
- did not report at the reporting center or
- withdrew before the last round of seat allotment or
- had their seat canceled before the last round of seat allotment
JEE Advanced 2022 Maximum Marks
Based on 2021, the 2022 maximum marks will be as follows:
|1||Physics||120 (60 in each paper)|
|2||Chemistry||120 (60 in each paper)|
|3||Mathematics||120 (60 in each paper)|
|4||Total Marks||360 (180 in each paper)|
JEE Advanced 2022 Exam Pattern
- The exam consists of two compulsory papers (Paper 1 and Paper 2). It is mandatory to attempt both.
- The IIT entrance exam is conducted through online mode only.
- The time duration for each paper is 3 hours. Extra time is given to PWD candidates.
- The nature of questions is objective type.
- The exam is conducted in both English and Hindi.
- Provision of negative marking is available though it is different for each paper.
- Questions for subjects Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics are asked in the paper.
JEE Advanced 2022 Exam Syllabus
JEE Advanced Syllabus 2022 Physics
|General Physics||Units and Dimensions||Experimental Analysis|
|Mechanics||Laws of motion||Kinematics|
|Systems of particles||Gravitation|
|The pressure in a fluid||Thermal Physics|
|Electricity and magnetism||Magnetic Fields||Electric Fields|
|Wave nature of light|
|Modern Physics||Atoms and Nuclei|
JEE Advanced Syllabus 2022 Chemistry
Click here for topic-wise Complete details of the JEE Advanced 2022 Exam Syllabus for Chemistry.
|Nuclear Chemistry||Surface Chemistry||Chemical Bonding|
|States of Matter||Electrochemistry||Chemical Equilibrium|
|Solid State||Atomic Structure||Chemical Kinetics|
|Extractive Metallurgy||Properties of Non-metals||Qualitative Analysis|
|Preparation of Non-metals||Preparation of Compounds||Properties of Compounds|
|Basic Concepts||Properties, Reactions, and Preparation of Alkynes||Properties, Reactions, and Preparation of Alkenes|
|Phenols||Reactions of Benzene||Alcohols|
|Ethers||Aldehydes and Ketones||Alkyl halides|
|Practical Organic Chemistry||Amino acids and Peptides||Properties and uses of polymers|
JEE Advanced Syllabus 2022 Mathematics
Click here for topic-wise Complete details of the JEE Advanced 2022 Syllabus for Mathematics.
|Algebra||Quadratic Equations||Complex Numbers|
|Logarithms||Sequence and Series|
|Probability||Matrices and Determinants|
|Binomial Theorem||Permutation and Combination|
|Trigonometry||Trigonometric and Inverse Trigonometric Functions|
|Vectors||Properties of Vectors|
|Integral calculus||Differential Equations||Integration and its application|
|Analytical geometry||3 Dimensional Geometry||2 Dimensional Geometry|
Hope the above information helps you in cracking JEE Advanced 2022. All the best!
Download Etoosindia, the jee advanced preparation app
Keep following Etoos blog for the latest exam updates.