National Testing Agency (NTA) has declared JEE Main Result 2022 for June attempt on its website https://jeemain.nic.in/. The examination was conducted between 24th to 29th June and for July attempt on its website will be conducted between 21st to 30th July in a span of two shifts every day.
The results will be notified soon. It is to be noted that for the first time JEE exam has been conducted on computer-based. And students have a choice to appear in either one or two examinations (June and July).
Know everything about the results, jee main cut off marks, toppers, NTA scores,and normalization procedure below-
How to Check JEE Main Result 2022?
- In order to see JEE June Main 2022 NTA score, students need to visit https://jeemain.nic.in/.
- For all registered candidates, need to sign in with their application number, date of birth, security pin, and hit the login button.
- After successful login, a candidate can see his result.
How to Calculate the JEE Main Percentile score?
- The NTA Percentile Score indicates the percentage of candidates that have scored equal to or below that particular Percentile in that examination. Therefore, the topper of each session will be getting the same Percentile of 100 which is desirable.
- The marks obtained in between the highest and lowest scores are converted to appropriate percentiles.
- The Percentile score will be the Normalized Score for the exam and not the raw marks of the candidate. Preparation of merit list shall be done based on this score.
- The NTA Percentile Scores of January will be calculated up to seven decimal places in order to reduce ties and avoid the bunching effect.
- The calculation for the percentile score is done as follows:
(100 * Number of candidates who appeared in the ‘Session’ with raw score EQUAL TO OR LESS than the candidate)
Total number of candidates appeared in the ‘Session’
It is to be noted that the Percentile of the Total shall NOT be an aggregate or average of the Percentile of an individual subject. The percentile score is also not the same as the percentage of marks obtained. To know how to calculate JEE score and rank, visit Normalization Procedure-NTA Score
What is NTA JEE Main 2022 Normalization Process?
NTA has adopted a normalization procedure based on the PERCENTILE score for the compilation of JEE results.
- The engineering exam was conducted on multiple dates in two sessions every day. The candidates were given different sets of question papers per session. It is quite possible that in spite of maintaining equivalence the difficulty level of question papers may not be exactly the same.
- This means a student might attempt a tougher set of questions resulting in lower marks and a student might also get a relatively easier set of questions resulting in higher marks. To avoid such a scenario, the normalization procedure based on the Percentile score has been taken into consideration.
- With normalization, candidates are neither benefitted nor disadvantaged due to the difficulty level of the exam. NTA ensures that a candidate’s true merit is recognized.
How To Download JEE Main result 2022 name-wise Rank Card Online?
To download the result, a registered candidate has to visit the NTA’s official website www.nta.ac.in. When you click on the engineering exam button, it redirects you to the JEE website. One can easily download the JEE main result 2022 with his/her application number and security pin. It is available in the form of scorecards with NTA score and percentile written.
Read More About IIT JEE
|JEE Advanced Sample paper||JEE Main and Advanced 2021/22|
|Revision tips for jee main 2022||Crack IIT JEE Exam Tips|
|JEE Main Sample Question paper||Crash Course for IIT JEE|
|IIT JEE Preparation Strategy||IIT JEE Study Material|
To see the entire document, visit NTA JEE Information Bulletin. To keep yourself updated with the latest exam info, keep reading this Etoos blog.
Download Etoosindia, the best app for IIT JEE main preparation free