Students are often seen searching for the list of competitive exams after their class 10th results. Post 10 standard, a student needs to choose a stream that will be helpful in making their career.
Though NEET and JEE are the top two choices for millions of students, there are other competitive exams as well which offer great scholarships for students. Here is the list of ten competitive exams that students can prepare for after class X. Let’s have a look:
List of 10 Competitive Exams After 10th
National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET):
The national level examination is conducted to select students for MBBS and BDS courses in prestigious government & medical colleges across the country. Know more about NEET 2022 exam here. Kick start your NEET 2022 preparation with Etoosindia.
Joint Entrance Exam (JEE):
The Joint Entrance Exam is a nationwide examination for engineering and architecture courses in India. It is conducted in two parts: JEE Main and JEE Advanced 2022.
Only those who qualify for JEE Main can sit for JEE Advanced. It is the gateway to admissions in engineering, science, or architecture courses in top IITs, NITs, IISERs, and IIITs.
Know more about JEE Main 2022 exam and JEE Advanced 2022. If you are starting with JEE preparation then enroll with Etoosindia and secure top AIR.
National Talent Search Examination (NTSE):
- National Council of Educational Research & Training (NCERT) conducts this national-level scholarship program at the Secondary school level.
- It is considered to be one of the most prestigious and oldest examinations in India. Also, it is touted as one of the toughest exams at the high school level.
- NTSE is conducted to honor high intellect kids and academic talent.
- The exam is conducted every year at 2 levels: Stage I (State Level) and Stage II (National Level). Only those who qualify for stage I can appear for Stage II.
- Lakhs of students appear for this scholarship exam every year from the 1st stage.
- Only 5000 students are selected for the Stage 2 examination.
- 1000 scholarships are awarded to students who pass the Stage-2 examination. 750 are for the General category & 250 for the reserved category.
Indian National Mathematics Olympiad (INMO):
- A high school mathematics competition held annually in India since 1989.
- The MO Cell conducts INMO on the third Sunday of January at 30 centers across the country.
- Candidates first need to appear for the Regional Mathematical Olympiad (RMO) of their respective region/state.
- Around 30 students from each region are selected to write INMO.
National Science Talent Search Examination (NSTSE):
Conducted by Unified Council, NSTSE is a popular independent examination for students in Classes 2 to 12. It assesses skills in Mathematics & Science.
International Earth Science Olympiad (IESO):
It is one of the 13 International Science Olympiads. This annual competition for secondary school students is conducted to test student’s ability in geology, environmental science, meteorology, and terrestrial astronomy.
International Olympiad of Science (IOS):
To promote Science talents in India and abroad, IOS is conducted by the Society of Science Education. Students from classes 1 to 12 can participate in this esteemed exam. This exam builds a strong foundation for students to excel in Science.
National Cyber Olympiad (NCO) Competitive Exams:
Conducted by Science Olympiad Foundation (SOF), the National Cyber Olympiad tests cyber concepts & knowledge related to computers. Students from class 1 to class 12 can participate in this exam.
Indian Computing Olympiad (ICO):
Organized annually by the Indian Association for Research (IARCS), this nationwide exam aims at identifying school students with exceptional computer programming and algorithms skills. It is conducted for students up to class 12. ICO is open to all school students across the country, from any school board.
National Science Olympiad (NSO):
Conducted by Science Olympiad Foundation, this competitive exam is open to students of classes 1 to 12. The medium of the test is English and the exam is conducted during school hours. So, pull up your socks and start preparing for these competitive exams. All the best!
Download Etoosindia, the best app for the CBSE board
Keep following Etoos blog for the latest exam updates.