NEET Eligibility Criteria 2023: National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) is a national level examination for medical aspirants. It is conducted each year to shortlist candidates for MBBS and BDS courses in private and government medical colleges in the country. NEET 2023 will be conducted in May 2023.
National Testing Agency (NTA) declared the detailed NEET 2023 eligibility criteria, which helpful for every medical aspirant wanting to appear for the medical entrance exam. Candidate needs to know the complete detail about the NEET Eligibility Criteria 2023, Age Limit, Number of attempts, Nationality and such before filling the Application form. The information shared here should be helpful for those of you planning to appear for the same.
NEET Eligibility Criteria 2023 by NTA (Quick Detail)
It is important for the candidates to go through the neet 2023 eligibility, before filling the form. Check the Quick detail about the NEET Eligibility Criteria 2023 by NTA.
|NEET Qualifying Criteria||Student Must have Passed 10+2 or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry & Biology. Class 12 Appearing Student Eligible to Apply for NEET Medical Exam|
|Age limit for NEET 2023||Candidates must be 17 years of age before 31stDecember 2023|
|NEET Qualifying Marks Criteria||Candidates must score minimum marks in Class 12th.
|NEET Attempts 2023||There are No restrictions on the number of attempts.|
|Nationality||Indian Nationals, NRIs, OCIS, PIOS & Foreign Nationals are Allowed|
Age Limit for NEET 2023
National Testing Agency (NTA) specifies the Age limit and minimum age criteria for NEET 2022. Student must have completed 17 Years before the Decembers 31, 2023. The Upper age limit for Neet has been Challenged in the Supreme Court. Upper age Student is allowed to appear for NEET Exam, but the admission pending till the court’s judgement.
NEET Age Criteria 2023
|Category||Date of birth|
|For UR Candidates||Born on or before December 31, 2006|
|For ST/SC Candidates||Born on or before December 31, 2006|
- The upper age limit of the candidates has been Challenged in the Supreme Court.
NEET Qualification 2023
Candidates to go through the below detail and check the NEET Qualification Criteria 2023 according to Per NTA guideline.
Minimum Percentage Required for NEET 2023
|Category||PCB Aggregate Marks for NEET|
|For UR Candidates||50%|
|For ST/SC/OBC Candidates||40%|
- In order to apply for NEET 2023, the candidates should have appeared for or passed the (Class 12) higher/ senior secondary examination. they should have cleared or appeared for ISCE that is equivalent to 10+2 examination.
- The candidate must have passed the aforementioned examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Biotechnology, English and Maths or any other elective subject.
- The candidates are required to score a minimum of 50%marks (aggregate in PCB).
- For General Physically handicapped candidates the aggregate marks must be 45%.
- There is a relaxation of 10% for those belonging to the SC, ST and OBC category. For SC/ ST/ OBC – PH candidates also the minimum percentage required is 40%
- Those who are still in their 12th standard and have applied for NEET 2023 must show their passing certificate during the first round of counselling.
NEET Eligibility Criteria 2023 NRI/Foreign students
In order to appear for NEET 2023, the candidate must be a citizen of India, Non-Resident Indian (NRI), Persons of Indian Origin (PIO), Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) and Foreign National.
15% All India Quota NEET Eligibility Criteria 2023:
Candidates from these states are eligible for 15% All India Quota (AIQ) seats. However, this is only for admission to Central Universities, ESIC and Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC), Pune based on self-declaration. This counselling will be conducted at an All India level by National Medical Commission
For AP, J&K and Telangana States
Candidates from these states are eligible for 15% All India Quota (AIQ) seats. However, this is only for admission to Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC). Candidates from these states can appear in NEET 2021 for admission to Private Medical/ Dental Colleges or Private/ Deemed University & Armed Forces Medical Colleges.
All medical aspirants must possess an Aadhaar card in order to apply for NEET 2021 examination.
For more such updates and news, keep an eye on this space. To prepare for Neet 2021, Enroll yourself with India’s best online coaching now!
Download Etoosindia, the best neet preparation app