NEET Exam 2023: The aspiring doctors, dentists, and nurses have been waiting for the NTA to make an announcement regarding the NEET exam 2023. The official announcement by the NTA has not been made yet but a quick read of this write-up will fill you in with almost everything that is required to know about NEET exam 2023.
Over 18 lakh students will compete for a limited number of seats in the top government medical or dental colleges. This exam will be conducted in 497 cities in India and 14 cities abroad. According to the latest report the NEET exam 2023 is expected to be conducted in May 2023.
The exam will be conducted in a pen and paper mode, to appear in this examination the candidates have to register themselves first. Although the registration date has not been announced yet but will be made available to you as soon as it is.
Let’s get more insight about the same in the article below:
NEET exam 2023: Key highlights
Given below is a table of the key highlights that will help you prepare for the exam:
|Exam name||National Eligibility cum Entrance test|
|Conducting body||National Testing Agency|
|Minimum eligibility||10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, Biology|
|Minimum age||17 years age|
|Number of registered candidates (as per 2022)||18,72,341|
|Number of candidates appeared ( as per 2022)||16,14777|
NEET exam 2023: Exam date
The national testing agency will set forth the exam date of the NEET exam 2023 along with the information brochure on the official website of NTA, i.e, neet.nta.nic.in. the official bulletin will provide the exam date along with the application form, correction window, admit card, and result. It is essential for the aspiring candidates to stay up to date with all the necessary details regarding the NEET 2023 to not miss any major event.
Given below is a list of dates of major events concerning the NEET 2023:
NEET 2023 dates
|NEET 2023 exam notification||To be announced|
|NEET 2023 registration date||To be announced|
|Last date to fill NEET application form 2023||To be announced|
|Last date for application fee payment||To be announced|
|NEET 2023 correction window date||To be announced|
|Allotted exam city details||To be announced|
|Release of NEET-UG admit card||To be announced|
|NEET 2023 exam date||To be announced|
|Result declaration||To be announced|
|Commencement of NEET UG counseling||To be announced|
NEET exam 2023: Eligibility criteria
Before filling in the application forms the aspirants should be well aware of the eligibility criteria of the NEET exam 2023:
- Age limit for the NEET exam: to be eligible to appear in the NEET exam the candidate should be 17 years of age before December 2023.
- Nationality: the candidates must be either Indian citizens, overseas citizens of India, or Non-resident Indians.
- Educational qualification: only those candidates who are appearing for the 12th or have passed 12th with Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English can appear for the NEET exam.
- Minimum marks requirement: the aspirants from the general category should score at least 50% to qualify for the NEET exam whereas for the ST, SC, OBCs, or other reserved categories the minimum marks requirement is 40%.
NEET exam 2023: Everything you need to know to about the application process
Filling out the NEET exam application form involves 5 steps. To fill out the application form correctly it is important that the candidates keep all the required details and documents handy.
These are the steps you should follow while filling out the form:
- NEET 2023 registration
- Filing of application form
- Uploading of images
- Payment of application fee
- Print NEET application form
A valid ID proof like an Adhaar card, ration card, bank account passport, passport, or any other government photo ID card.
Personal information about the candidate like date of birth, parent’s name, permanent address, mobile number, and active e-mail address.
Current passport-sized photograph, a postcard-sized photograph, signature, and left thumb’s impression.
NEET exam 2023: admit card
The NTA issues admit cards to the students who successfully register for the NEET exam. The NEET admit card is an essential requirement for the authorities and applicants. The information required to download the NEET exam admit card 2023 is the date of birth and security pin, Candidate registration number. You can successfully download the admit card by filling in these details.
NEET exam 2023: Required details for admit card
Given below is a list of details required for the admit card:
- Name of the Candidate
- Father’s name
- Date of birth
- Application number
- Roll number
- QR code
- Category of applicant
- NEET 2023 exam date and time
- Reporting time and time for last entry
- Address of aspirant
- Language (medium) of question paper
- NEET exam center name and address
- Exam center number
- Passport size photograph that was uploaded in the application form
- Signature, that was uploaded during registration
- The IP address and date of downloading of admit card
- Space to paste passport size photograph (same as used during registration)
- Signature of the candidate, to be done in front of the examiner
- Signature of parent
- NEET-UG senior director signature
- Other general instructions to be followed
NEET exam 2023 syllabus
The NEET syllabus will be announced by the NTA along with the information brochure. This exam includes a vast syllabus of three subjects that are physics, chemistry, and biology.
Give below is the list of NEET 2023 syllabus:
NEET 2023 physics syllabus
|Physical World and Measurement||Electrostatics|
|Laws of Motion||Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism|
|Work, Energy and Power||Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents|
|Motion of System of Particles and Rigid Body||Electromagnetic Waves|
|Properties of Bulk Matter||Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation|
|Thermodynamics||Atoms and Nuclei|
|Behaviour of Perfect Gas and Kinetic Theory||Electronic Devices|
|Oscillations and Waves||—|
NEET 2023 chemistry syllabus
|Basic Concepts||Solid State|
|Structure of Atom||Solutions|
|Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties||Electrochemistry|
|Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure||Chemical Kinetics|
|States of Matter: Gases and Liquids||Surface Chemistry|
|Thermodynamics||General Principles and Processes of Isolation of Elements|
|Equilibrium||p- Block Elements|
|Redox Reactions||d and f Block Elements|
|s-Block Element (Alkali and Alkaline earth metals)||Haloalkanes and Haloarenes|
|Some p-Block Elements||Alcohols, Phenols and Ethers|
|Organic Chemistry- Some Basic Principles and Techniques||Aldehydes, Ketones and Carboxylic Acids|
|Hydrocarbons||Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen|
|—||Chemistry in Everyday Life|
NEET 2023 biology syllabus
|Diversity in Living World||Reproduction|
|Structural Organisation in Animals and Plants||Genetics and Evolution|
|Cell Structure and Function||Biology and Human Welfare|
|Plant Physiology||Biotechnology and Its Applications|
|Human Physiology||Ecology and Environment|
NEET 2023: Best Books To Prepare From
The markets and online stores are flooded with NEET books and choosing from such a wide range is quite difficult. However, to score high in the NEET exam, you need to go for books that are recommended the most by the teachers or the toppers. Given below are some of the best books for NEET preparation that will make the NEET exam easy for you.
NEET books for Chemistry
- NCERT Chemistry textbooks for Class 11
- NCERT Chemistry textbooks for Class 12
- Dinesh Chemistry Guide
- Organic Chemistry by Morrison and Boyd for Organic Chemistry
- Organic Chemistry Objective by Arihant
- Modern’s ABC of Chemistry for Class 11 and Class 12
- Physical Chemistry by OP Tandon
- Physical Chemistry by P Bahadur
- Concise Inorganic Chemistry by JD Lee
- Practice Books by VK Jaiswal (Inorganic), MS Chauhan (Organic) and N Awasthi (Physical)
NEET books for Biology
- NCERT Biology Class 11 Textbook
- NCERT Biology Class 12 Textbook
- Trueman’s Biology Vol 1 and 2
- Objective Biology by Dinesh
- Objective Biology by Ansari
- Pradeep Publication’s Biology
- Biology by GR Bathla Publications
- SC Verma Biology
NEET books for Physics
- NCERT Textbook for Class 11 Physics
- NCERT Textbook for Class 12 Physics
- Objective Physics by DC Pandey
- Fundamentals of Physics by Halliday, Resnick and Walker
- Concepts of Physics by H C Verma
- Fundamental Physics by Pradeep
- Problems in General Physics by IE Irodov
Keep following Etoos blog for latest exam updates.