Problem-solving is the basis of one of the most prestigious exams, conducted in the country, i.e, JEE mains. You need to be as quick as lightning while solving the question because you have to match your problem-solving speed with the amount of time given to solve the JEE mains questions, i.e, 3 hours. Most students fail to clear the exam because they find it challenging to solve the entire question paper on time. So, the aspiring candidates are left with the question of how to solve JEE mains questions faster to excel in the exam.
Keep reading this piece of write-up to know the necessary requirements to solve the JEE main questions on time.
Tips to solve JEE Mains questions faster
To answer your question of how to solve JEE Mains question faster here are some of the tips that will assist you with the same:
- To solve JEE Mains questions faster you need to have the formulas of Physics, Chemistry, and Maths at your fingertips. Recalling formulae in the exam hall can lose precious time that you can’t afford to, and hence it is important that you know the formula just by looking at the question.
Also Read: Study of PCM for the JEE
- You should get a hint of the formula that is required by just having a glimpse at the question. The questions in the JEE Main exam come from the entire JEE syllabus thus it is important to guess the chapter, topic, or concept at a glance.
- You can opt for back-solving the questions as it is another way to solve JEE Mains questions faster.
- Resort to more and more practice as it will help you develop shortcuts for solving problems. There is more than one way to solve a question and getting familiar with the other techniques will help you save time.
A guide to quickly solve JEE Mains questions
You need to be knowledgeable about the types of questions asked in the JEE exam and also well-versed with how these questions are solved as most questions asked in this exam are aptitude and application based. Developing a good grip on practice during your preparation period will avoid you from fretting over such issues of how to solve JEE Mains questions faster.
Also read: IIT JAM exam pattern
Here are some of the techniques you can resort to bring in more confidence while solving problems:
- Fretting while solving the questions will only make things even more grueling. You need to stay stress-free and begin your JEE exam with a calm mind. Read the question with full focus, understand the question then and analyze the strategy and formula it demands, then solve it.
- You can sort the given options in the Physics set by looking at the dimensions.
- Be attentive while writing the answers.
- Opt for the generalized questions and choose the options that are technically correct.
- If you are 70% sure about the answer to a question then a little guesswork might do the trick. But make sure that you do not do it frequently but only when very much required.
- Do not change the answers afterward.
- Reverse engineering will help you keep pace with the time.
- Do not stick to one single question if you are not getting the right answer even after multiple attempts, switch to the next.
- Cut out the options that you are sure are completely irrelevant.
- Keep the negative marking in mind and answer each question accordingly.
Also Read: CBSE board exam dates 2023
Tips to build your JEE Mains problem-solving skills
To help you solve the JEE Mains questions here are some of the tips that will help you with the same:
- Focus on enhancing your speed and accuracy
- Build time management techniques
- Take a quick glance at the JEE Mains question paper and prepare strategies for each.
- Answer the questions according to the level of difficulty. Solve the easier ones first, then moderately difficult; finally, the difficult ones.
Secure a good rank follow the given tips to solve JEE Mains questions
To secure a good rank in the JEE Mains exams you need to follow the right tricks.
Follow the given tricks to breeze through the JEE exam:
- Stretch guessing
- Using graphs
- Not relying on shortcuts
- Value substitution
- Dimensional analysis of options
Also Read: What are the career options after the 10th?
What is the order of chapters in class 11 for JEE math?
Below given is the sequence of chapters in class 11 for JEE Math:
- Fundamentals of Mathematics (Inequalities, Logarithms, Modulus, Trigonometry)
- Quadratic Equations
How do I manage school studies with JEE preparation?
The given tips will help you manage JEE preparation with school studies:
- Prepare a proper timetable
- Opt for the best online courses
- Practice several types of questions
What are the most important chapters for IIT JEE Mains and Advanced Chemistry?
Some of the important chapters of JEE mains and JEE advanced are:
- Chemical Kinetics
- Gaseous & Liquid State
- Chemical Bonding
- Chemical bonding and molecular structure
- Coordination compounds
- P-Block elements
Keep following Etoos blog for the latest exam updates.